Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:03 pm

How far would you travel,in order to meet another person, that you met online(WP or other)?

For the right person, I don't think I could set a maximum. For me, cash would be a limiting factor. :chin:

Also, I don't think I can leave the U.S., due to the fact that I am a fellon. :? :shrug:

Those who know, don't speak.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:06 pm

As long as it is in the US, I would definitely make the trip. :D

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:07 pm

I would travel a few hundred miles, basically wherever I could drive in a few hours max

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:27 pm

jawbrodt wrote:
Also, I don't think I can leave the U.S., due to the fact that I am a fellon. :? :shrug:

There should be no restrictions for you to travel outside the United States... at least as far as the U.S. is concerned and as long as you are not currently on probation... or incarcerated :wink:

The country you wish to travel to might have reservations, but then, they shouldn't know about it if you are not on Interpol's watch list.

As long as you can gain a passport you should be able to travel.

But if I get a chance, I'll check out the State Dept's website... or you can if you want.

Where the greater concern comes into play... at least as far as I know... is if you wish to immigrate to a country.

Anyway... back to the question... 350+ miles! I already proved that by going to see EvilKimEvil. :D

I also want to go visit Reika up in Alaska... and LabPet too, so that would be farther.

I'm really interested in meeting szygyish as long as I can find that little spot of land he lives on in the big old ocean that surrounds him.

If I could afford it... in all honesty... there are many folks here that I would arrange a vacation so I could include meeting them.

I wouldn't let them know ahead of time so's not to scare them away! :twisted: Just sorta sneak up on 'em! :twisted: :twisted:

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:31 pm

^ Cool, thanks. I thought I was trapped in the U.S. forever. :)

Those who know, don't speak.

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:35 pm

jawbrodt wrote:
How far would you travel,in order to meet another person, that you met online(WP or other)?

I think the farthest I have traveled so far to meet someone from online is 1500 miles. I would go further if I felt it important enough.

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:35 pm

Gosh. I don't know. I don't even feel comfortable leaving town to go to classes. But maybe if I really liked this person I could probably handle a bus ride to however far it would take me on my limited budget.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:40 pm

With the price of gas and air fares increasing, I think I'll be stuck on this island for quite some time.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 9:41 pm

I take back what I said. If it's someone that I really want to meet, I'll make sure I get there no matter how far away they are.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2008, 11:25 pm

England thats where my boy friend lives , I met him on line and he is wonderful. We have seen each other twice in person and been dating for over two years now. So I would quite happy go around the world and back just to hold him in my arms. :heart:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 12:03 am

No further than my good ol' Gem State.

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 May 2008, 1:02 am

When my now ex-girlfriend was becoming my girlfriend I took a 12 hour flight (or so) to see her. Then she travelled back that distance twice.
I think she was worth it.
Those were trips we could both enjoy for their own sake too anyway.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 1:05 am

Probably about 50 miles.

I've met a WP member who was 30 miles away. We saw a movie, and got coffee. Pretty sweet.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 1:33 am

I wouldn't get to serious about anybody unless you live near them. Online friends are good.

Meeting someone in person from meeting them online is a bit weird because you develop a image of what they are like, and when you meet them they are totally different to how you imagine them. :?

GodsGadfly
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 May 2008, 2:17 am

Well, when I met the right person, I didn't drive, and I lived with my parents. Due to the combinatino of my physical disability and my undiagnosed Asperger's, my parents would never have let me travel by myself.
I travelled 6 hours to meet her the first time, but it was a trip we were going to take anyway. I just got her to agree to meet us there, halfway.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2008, 2:48 am

I would walk 500 miles not just from a song but 4 real.

I've always wanted to walk since I do it anyway b/c of no stinkn' a** car!!

Last edited by MissConstrue on 26 May 2008, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.