Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

silentchaos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 249

01 May 2008, 10:43 am

I agree with the siding with your friends in arguments thing, I don't understand that. I have had a few people support my side of something when it was obvious they were doing it because they knew me better or something like that, and to be honest I hate that.

As for turning a friend into the police, it would depend on the crime and the friend. If it was a law that I do not support then I would not turn them in, also if it was something not so bad and they were a nice person i would not turn them in. If they had stabbed someone or were planning on robbing a bank or something, I would call the police. If they had some sort of illegal item or caused considerable harm to some guy that hit their sister, I would not call the police.



ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,288
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

01 May 2008, 10:56 am

Well, if my friend was a criminal, they probably wouldn't be my friend, as I have a lot of moral standards, and my friends have to be somewhat close to them (so being arrested = NO)
I could NEVER do that. I don't care what the "friendship rule" says, it's just being a bad friend if you ask somebody to be an accomplise to your crime by making them keep the secret!



ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,288
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

01 May 2008, 10:57 am

Social_Fantom wrote:
You're actually doing a friend more good than harm if you turn him/her in to the authorities when they commit a crime. You're keeping them from doing further harm to themselves and others.
*hugs social*
Agreed!



The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 514

01 May 2008, 3:12 pm

ebec11 wrote:
Well, if my friend was a criminal, they probably wouldn't be my friend, as I have a lot of moral standards, and my friends have to be somewhat close to them (so being arrested = NO)
I could NEVER do that. I don't care what the "friendship rule" says, it's just being a bad friend if you ask somebody to be an accomplise to your crime by making them keep the secret!


Same here. If one of my friends turned out to be a psychopathic killer, I would probably turn them in. I might even do it personally...


_________________
The improbable goal: Fear nothing, hate nothing, and let nothing anger you.


silentchaos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 249

01 May 2008, 3:41 pm

So.....if I told you guys I was a professional bank robber you wouldn't talk to me? :(

How do you guys feel about anarchists? Does wanting to dissolve all governments count as bad or do you have to actually take action towards that goal? :lol:



MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2007
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,156
Location: Indiana

01 May 2008, 5:21 pm

silentchaos wrote:
How do you guys feel about anarchists? Does wanting to dissolve all governments count as bad or do you have to actually take action towards that goal? :lol:


If you replace them with the California Raisins, I'm good. :wink:


_________________
To eliminate poverty, you have to eliminate at least three things: time, the bell curve and the Pauli Exclusion Principle. Have fun.


IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

01 May 2008, 5:47 pm

One time, when my group of friends in school got in trouble for yelling at cars driving by the schoolyard, the principal asked me who was yelling the most. I told on my best friend. My friend asked who ratted him out, and I said I didn't know. He never found out.



ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,288
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

01 May 2008, 6:23 pm

silentchaos wrote:
So.....if I told you guys I was a professional bank robber you wouldn't talk to me? :(

How do you guys feel about anarchists? Does wanting to dissolve all governments count as bad or do you have to actually take action towards that goal? :lol:
I wouldn't, that's one of my really bad Aspie traits...it's become more mild over the years (you CAN swear around me now, and I'll use censored swearing every once in a while. Before I would freak if you said any swear word in front of me), but I couldn't trust you if I found out you were a bank robber...



ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,288
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

01 May 2008, 6:24 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
One time, when my group of friends in school got in trouble for yelling at cars driving by the schoolyard, the principal asked me who was yelling the most. I told on my best friend. My friend asked who ratted him out, and I said I didn't know. He never found out.
I've done the same thing for people I considered "friends", but they found out and started bullying me more then they were before.



silentchaos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 249

02 May 2008, 10:28 am

What if I told you AND gave you some awesome bank robbery money? How many cops would give you money? Well....aside from the corrupt ones, the nice corrupt ones that is. :twisted:



Happyhelen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 39

02 May 2008, 1:39 pm

Someone who is pretending to be a friend will treat you differently from their other friends, whereas someone who is a true friend will think about you all time and treat you the same as their others.