Anyone get annoyed with co workers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 10:35 pm

I do. They talk and talk when there is work to be done. It is so annoying!! !! !! !! !! !! !
Yet ppl have been getting in trouble for it. It bothers me when I am trying to get the job done and when I have done it I get yelled at by the same ppl who do it themselves.
Would you talk to your boss???

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2008, 11:51 pm

I don't like my boss, nor most of my co-workers. I fake showing any interest in their conversation just so they can get it out of their systems and I can get back to work.

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 12:15 am

I love my boss. She is very good to me. At least I think she is.
I like a few of my co workers. I have faked interested just to get them off my back too just to get back to work.

03 May 2008, 1:02 am

Yes, the housekeepers won't do their job right. They won't wipe off the clean glasses, but instead they just look at them and then put them back in the crate, then they put the whole thing in service area and say they are dirty and expect me to bring up a new crate of clean glasses. I also hate it when they tell me how to do my job. yes i will bring their trash down later but they keep saying "Are you going to get the garbage?"
I especially hate it when they try talking to me. They don't speak very good English so they are hard to understand. I just walk away from them.

viska
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 1:26 am

One of my co-workers always speaks in the creaky voice. The other clears his throat every 15 minutes, 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. They both drive me up the wall and sit right next to me.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 5:17 am

i have one of those people that clears their throat a lot too but they are on the other side of the office.
mine are not too bad but sometimes annoying eg. i have to get the mail started at 4pm so i can get it out at 5 so i can go home on time, which i want to do as everyone does.. but there are peoples that do not give me theirs until 4:45pm and there is a lot of it dagnammit. total pain
and there are the delivery runs eg i am supposed to leave at 10:30am but peoples are like, "mine is super important don't leave without me and make me wait for half an hr for no good reason as they end up telling me that the thing can't go out anyhow as there is no one around that can sign the cheque or just lie about how important the document really is to make me do it ahead of the rest and make me rush around for no good reason. seems like they just like to waste my time.
and i get annoyed when they don't like each other and b***h to me to try and get me to not like them too, i feel like saying i don't care i have work to do..

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2008, 6:14 am

sometimes, not always

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2008, 2:12 am

When I worked in a restaurant, some of my coworkers were:

A coke addict from Uzbekistan

A Moroccan degenerate gambler who was also a sex addict

A crack-head from Mississippi who lived in the back room of the store

A Moroccan fence for stolen electronics & drug dealer

A black drug dealer who had spent 7 years in prison

An old Moroccan cook who spoke no English, except to demand to be tipped

An Iraqi tank crewman who surrendered in Gulf War I

A crazy Moroccan who threatened other employees

A very sheltered Mexican

My boss, who had previously run a Subway franchise into the ground, after he ran a UPS Store into the ground, after he got run out of NYC for cheating a friend. Oh, and he was also Moroccan.

Think I ever got annoyed with any of them?

BTW, I'm just a gun toting philosophical white boy, you know, a knuckle dragging intellectual, so I got on just fine.