Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

just_deborah2002
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2008, 8:20 pm

I have 12, I got my first when I was 31 after alot of years of wanting one.

A word of caution to anyone who wants one....make sure you think carefully of where to place it, not just what it is. If you are female, you should consider the option of being able to cover it if you want, with clothing. Sometimes you dont want the outside world knowing more about you than you choose to share.

All 12 of mine I can hide if I want, and show off if I want. I can still pass as normal.

And someone earlier talked about being 80 and getting an MRI and having the medical technician wondering about the tattoos...this sort of happened to me. I have my nipples pierced as well, and had to go in for a mamogram. The technicians were astonished, wanted me to remove the rings, and didnt know what to do. I explained that the rings werent standard CBR's and cant be removed without special cutters, and that the mamogram would still work with the rings in, there would just be the image of two metal rings on the film. I guess in about 20 years this will become common place, but for now, I was the first person this clinic had seen with piercings. Seems I'm just ahead of my time!

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 9:57 pm

tweety_fan wrote:
do u guys watch miami ink? i have seen some cool tattoos on that show like of coyfish and tigers and stuff. but what i can't get is how they are able to sit still for something like 7 hrs straight with needles going into them like that.

I'd love a 7 hour tattoo. The ones I've had nearly put me to sleep. After the initial scratchy feeling goes numb, it's just this vibrating feeling (for me anyhow) which I find calming and pleasant. Chalk it up to endorphins maybe? I dunno.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2008, 10:20 pm

I actually do plan to get quality professional tattoos done when I can afford it. I have a back piece planned out. It's going to combine a number of things related to my interests and images that I find aesthetically pleasing. I have it all sketched out. It doesn't look cluttered at all. It looks like a scene in which all the elements are meant to me there.

Basically, it's a cemetery at night, an imaginary cemetery in which all my favorite dead musicians are buried. In the center of the cemetery is a gnarled, twisted old dead tree. A guitar resembling my acoustic guitar is leaning against the tree. There might be a cowboy hat hanging from a stubby branch, and there might be an owl or other nocturnal bird perched in the tree. Above the cemetery will be a full moon and lots of bats flying around. There might also be a snake or two slithering between the graves. The graves are kind of crumbling and bent at odd angles so there won't be an issue of straight lines versus the human body. And there might be some kind of mysterious element like a hand raising a lantern up from behind one of the graves. I guess it sounds complicated, but I can easily fit it on an 8x11 piece of paper, or smaller.

I also want to get a detailed color pro tattoo of my legless lizard, probably on my arm. I have ideas for full sleeves, but they keep changing, so I'm going to get the back piece and the lizard and go from there.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 5:46 am

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 6:03 am

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 6:14 am

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 6:16 am

from what i have heard it hurts really really bad to get ribs tattoo'd and chest and neck done.
what you think?
which tattoo hurt the most for you?

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 6:26 am

deleted

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 6:31 am

deleted

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 6:47 am

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 6:59 am

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 7:03 am

deleted

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 11:33 am

deleted

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 24 May 2008, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 1:45 pm

I find that the repetitive, mild pain involved in tattooing produces an endorphin rush which is quite pleasurable. I have heard other tattoo enthusiasts echo this sentiment.

It's painful in an annoying way at first, like getting a bunch of bee stings, but then the endorphins kick in and the pain becomes a lot more bearable. Of course I'm sure this varies from person to person, as there is considerable individual variation in pain receptors and neuro-peptides such as endophins.

dawndeleon
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2008, 3:52 pm

[
I'd love a 7 hour tattoo. The ones I've had nearly put me to sleep. After the initial scratchy feeling goes numb, it's just this vibrating feeling (for me anyhow) which I find calming and pleasant. Chalk it up to endorphins maybe? I dunno.[/quote]

I would have to agree with that... I have two tattoos. The first one was an overarced rainbow... not intended as gay but as a symbol of a promise made and kept. It was the longest and the most detailed and involved of the two i have had. I was terrified that i could not endure it, so the artist told me he would give me a couple of lines and see if i could handle it. I was so surprised at how little it hurt, I said.." oh, is that it?" "proceed.". My second is three dogwood blossoms on a branch in memoriam of my father in law. ...

I wish to get a third,but i am having trouble in finding one i really want. I may just have to design one. I am looking for anemone blossoms.. Any ideas?

velodog
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

24 May 2008, 1:31 pm

EvilKimEvil wrote:
I actually do plan to get quality professional tattoos done when I can afford it. I have a back piece planned out. It's going to combine a number of things related to my interests and images that I find aesthetically pleasing. I have it all sketched out. It doesn't look cluttered at all. It looks like a scene in which all the elements are meant to me there.

Basically, it's a cemetery at night, an imaginary cemetery in which all my favorite dead musicians are buried. In the center of the cemetery is a gnarled, twisted old dead tree. A guitar resembling my acoustic guitar is leaning against the tree. There might be a cowboy hat hanging from a stubby branch, and there might be an owl or other nocturnal bird perched in the tree. Above the cemetery will be a full moon and lots of bats flying around. There might also be a snake or two slithering between the graves. The graves are kind of crumbling and bent at odd angles so there won't be an issue of straight lines versus the human body. And there might be some kind of mysterious element like a hand raising a lantern up from behind one of the graves. I guess it sounds complicated, but I can easily fit it on an 8x11 piece of paper, or smaller.

I also want to get a detailed color pro tattoo of my legless lizard, probably on my arm. I have ideas for full sleeves, but they keep changing, so I'm going to get the back piece and the lizard and go from there.

This sounds like a pretty good concept EvilKimEvil it should look very nice. :thumright: