Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2008, 12:26 pm

discuss how tapes are are better than cds, for example tapes are hard to damage, hold 2x the music, and dont skip

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 4:45 pm

am think tapes were good,for taping off the radio,but hated the quality of them and the humming and hissing sounds as well as the music,they didnt seem long enough either.
am think vinyl is far better than cd and tape,am have a load of vinyl from seventies/eighties/nineties/after milenium, some funk,some disco,some industrial....most of it is electronic-those who say it isnt sold anymore are not listening/buying the right genres,as they only need to check the electronic sections of record shops to see it is still made and sold,its very popular for electronic and hip hop.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2008, 6:56 pm

vinyl is impossible to record to without expensive equipment, after a lot of uses vinyl deteriorates , and reqires lots of vertical space for storage wear as tapes can be stored upriqht in 1/3 of the vertical space, which is why tapes are nice in cramped houses, such as mine. I can store 6x as many tapes in 1 place as records. also if you buy recorded tapes from a record shop they are nice quality, and do not hissor hum, i will agree vinyl is better quality, as it logicall should be, as the recording is physicall there, not just magnetic signals,and is not codet like a cd, it is the shape of the vibration of the sound stuck in vinyl

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:02 pm

Let me think when you have an old cassete tape you can pull all stuff out and create a big mess for your parents, though sometimes your younger brother does it and you have get all of it back in. They are cooler when I bend , my dad once left a tape in his car for so long that it had melted and reformed, it looked realy cool. Apart from that I can say that you can trust a little kid more with putting it in.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:09 pm

I grew up listening to tapes, they hold very fond memories. I have a tape of my grandfather telling ghost stories. What's really strange is that he died a month after the tape was made. 8O

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:11 pm

You will die in 7 days.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:12 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
I grew up listening to tapes, they hold very fond memories. I have a tape of my grandfather telling ghost stories. What's really strange is that he died a month after the tape was made. 8O

You making this up? :?

I goodies I love ghost stories. :P

Unfortunately mine doesn't involve a tape. :(

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:15 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
You will die in 7 days.

Dammit I forgot what movie that was. Wait...The Ring?

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:19 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Social_Fantom wrote:

You making this up? :?

I goodies I love ghost stories. :P

Unfortunately mine doesn't involve a tape. :(

Well, it may have been more than a month, it was so long ago. But it is true.

I used to see my deceased step-dad in our house but ever since I had the thought that it may have been in my own head, I haven't seen him. :?

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:21 pm

When I was a kid, me and my brother created 'radio shows' on tapes. We didn't have the technology to record both the song (off a CD) and voices from the built-in microphone at the same time, so they were recorded separately.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:22 pm

It probably was him SF.

A day after my grandmother's funeral, her old drawer that my mom now owned moved by itself.

I guess I'm off topic though but it was weird and even my own dad who always has good explanations for things saw it happen too and didn't know what caused it.

A day later and so on, nothing happened.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2008, 7:25 pm

neurodeviant wrote:
When I was a kid, me and my brother created 'radio shows' on tapes. We didn't have the technology to record both the song (off a CD) and voices from the built-in microphone at the same time, so they were recorded separately.

I did that too, with a neighbor of mine. We made what we called "Children's Shows" only they weren't so much for children. In fact, they were quite mature. We included sexual references (I mean explicit stuff), very strong profanity, and a lot of other gross stuff. We had violence too but it wasn't so bad. :lol:

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2008, 8:14 pm

so let the good times roll, i have my entire classic rock collection on tapes. I have Boston's !st Album on right now Its On peace of mind. The tape has been around longer than me, Cd's wouldn't make it that long, to scratch able and fragile. My grandpas funeral is on a tape. That's my only tape of great importance or Mystery.

Aalto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2008, 8:23 pm

I want to make a mix-tape for someone immediately. Any friend of mine interested in my taste. The art is intimate and beautiful, that of a mix-tape. I'd never buy an actual album on cassette though. Eurgh, lack of range.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Jul 2008, 9:09 pm

my tapes are taken from my moms original tapes from the 80's, back when they were the equivalent of a cd

aethra
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2008, 1:40 pm

neurodeviant wrote:

Haha, me and my sister used to do that too! What you needed was a dual tape deck, it's what we used...

Anyone remember using tapes as storage media for computers? They sounded really cool if you played them back on audio. I seem to remember a darts game for the Spectrum that I liked the sound of :) Or was that just me?