Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 4:16 pm

I have a big bruise on my foot that covers most of the top of the left half of my left foot. It's mostly a faded blue, but where it goes to the side instead of the top, it's a dark purple line. It hurts to touch the purple, but the blue is just there.

I got it while roleplaying with my friend (in real life). I tripped and fell. XD It was a fighting roleplay and my only injury was done by tripping and falling. </fail>

My question is: does anyone know from experience if this is bad?

Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams

Alaspi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 4:22 pm

if something is twisted, snapped, or broken then, yeah, it's bad and you should have it checked out.

Hugging is natural, organic, naturally sweet, free of pesticides and preservatives. Hugging contains no artificial ingredients. It's 100% wholesome. No calories, no caffeine, no nicotine.

RustyShackleford
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2008, 4:23 pm

I can't quite picture how it would have happened tripping and falling...Was there twisting and/or clicking?

It does sound similar to a couple of injuries I have sustained whilst skateboarding. In my experience if you can put weight on it and move your ankle and toes it will probably sort itself out. Any stiffness, numbness or swelling? Either way if you are worried I would get it checked out, being lame is no fun.

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 4:27 pm

RustyShackleford wrote:
I can't quite picture how it would have happened tripping and falling...Was there twisting and/or clicking?

It does sound similar to a couple of injuries I have sustained whilst skateboarding. In my experience if you can put weight on it and move your ankle and toes it will probably sort itself out. Any stiffness, numbness or swelling? Either way if you are worried I would get it checked out, being lame is no fun.

There was tripping and clicking, yes. I also have terribly weak ankles. XD

From what you said, it'll be fine. I was just worried because it was pretty big.

Thanks!

RustyShackleford
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2008, 5:02 pm

Nairin wrote:
There was tripping and clicking, yes. I also have terribly weak ankles. XD

From what you said, it'll be fine. I was just worried because it was pretty big.

Thanks!

Clicking isn't good and there are so many tiny bones in the foot which can shatter or become displaced. I broke one of my little toes a couple of years ago and didn't notice. Now it is all stiff, I think the joint fused together. Obviously it is entirely up to you whether to seek help or not, I am certainly not any sort of medical professional though.

aethra
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2008, 5:57 pm

Is the line across the top of your foot? Sorry, I couldn't get a visual image from what you said. A friend of mine once had like that and it turned out she'd broken a metatarsal, so if you've got doubts get it checked out. She was doing some kind of martial art or other at the time, though.

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2008, 6:11 pm

aethra wrote:
Is the line across the top of your foot? Sorry, I couldn't get a visual image from what you said. A friend of mine once had like that and it turned out she'd broken a metatarsal, so if you've got doubts get it checked out. She was doing some kind of martial art or other at the time, though.

No, the side. It's really thin and looks like a vein, but purple.

It doesn't feel broken, like I said, I was concerned about the size.

aspiemom1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2008, 7:43 pm

sounds broken (I have had many many broken bones in my feet). The line of purple is almost always indicative of a break. the big bruise across the top sounds like it as well. The clicking was probably the break itself.

believe it or not breaking a bone in your foot hurts less than in other parts of the body. sounds strange i know, but i have broken way to many bones and my feet hurt the least. probably some nerve synapse travel distance thing?? i dont know.

i would have it looked at, but usually they just put you in a hard soled shoe and maybe a crutch or 2 for a few weeks, then its all better.

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 6:53 am

aspiemom1 wrote:
sounds broken (I have had many many broken bones in my feet). The line of purple is almost always indicative of a break. the big bruise across the top sounds like it as well. The clicking was probably the break itself.

believe it or not breaking a bone in your foot hurts less than in other parts of the body. sounds strange i know, but i have broken way to many bones and my feet hurt the least. probably some nerve synapse travel distance thing?? i dont know.

i would have it looked at, but usually they just put you in a hard soled shoe and maybe a crutch or 2 for a few weeks, then its all better.

Even if I can walk?

Lumina
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 12:45 pm

If you can walk on it, it might not be broken. I would have it looked at just in case. :)

I’ve had some nasty bruises that took weeks to go away completely.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 6:55 pm

yeah.

and this coming from the guy who punched his hand through a glass window (at one am in the morning) and avoided going to the doctor's till one of my female friends said that I needed to go to the doctor and told me she'd take me up there(of course knowing her it was more along the lines, of Go or I will drag you up there now.)