if you could have any super power...

Page 2 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 2:41 pm

MrSinister wrote:
Armoured skin and the ability to roll into a ball.

You want to be an armadillo? :wink:

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

theQuail
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2008, 3:34 pm

Invisibility. I would love that so much... It would be even better if I could also make certain objects I'm carrying or in contact with invisible as well. Just imagine - I could eat lunch alone at school without getting bothered! (Aww, want to eat with us?) Or skip pep rallies, for example.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 5:39 pm

coregazer wrote:
beef_bourito wrote:
i'm really not sure. telepathy would be fun for a while but i think it would be difficult not to let it get out of hand. telekineses would be really fun. invisibility would be fun too, but again it would be difficult not to let it get out of hand.

i'd have to say either telekinesis or the ability to communicate with animals. both are really cool and i think it would be easier to keep them under control than something like telepathy or invisibility. the ones that give you a lot of power and make it easy to get away with stuff would cheapen a lot of experiences in my opinion.

nice. im glad you really thought about this :). it means alot to me to think through fictional things logicly. conciquences. effort. the sciences behind it. and so on, heh. i enjoyed reading your post :). oh and btw... welcome aboard the telekinisis train ;)

haha well some friends of mine and i talk about random stuff like this and actually think it through... or at least i do, one of the other two is mostly like "wouldn't this be so cool" and the other's pretty quiet.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 5:47 pm

I have always wanteed the ability to rearrange the letters on signs and the graphics on billboards.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 6:18 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I have always wanteed the ability to rearrange the letters on signs and the graphics on billboards.

I have that ability, it involves a little climbing, and a few can's of spray paint :lol:

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 8:43 pm

Laxative vision.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 8:45 pm

Immortality.

IntrospectiveLoser
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2008, 10:25 pm

I would be invisible.

I could just... Poof.

Slip completely out of the constrictions of human society, and live in my own little world all I want.

Tell me, how can they catch me and force me to do things when they can't see me?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be free from unwanted learning, unwanted work, everything.
I could go live in the woods. I could run around where ever I want.

Freedom, absoulete freedom.
I could stand in crowds and do whatever I wanted, any weird face, any odd body language.

:D Oh yes. Invisibility would make me happy.
There have been many times when I wished to simply poof, be gone.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2008, 11:22 pm

being a fly on the wall :)

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 12:12 am

Averick wrote:
Immortality.

Are you sure? Seeing everyone die would become lonesome as you avoid making new friends as you don't want to watch them die too. Would make you a very grumpy and possibly evil person.

I think I would choose - speed. The ability to do things faster, with faster reactions, I can fix my car, react to a more predictable situation. The thought on being faster than a speeding bullet would be cool ... Except some things are not designed to withstand that much friction

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 1:11 am

Keith wrote:
Averick wrote:
Immortality.

Are you sure? Seeing everyone die would become lonesome as you avoid making new friends as you don't want to watch them die too. Would make you a very grumpy and possibly evil person.

No silly, with that gift you'd acquire infinate wisdom, they'd go hand-in-hand.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 2:01 am

I would have some kind of advance telapethy, I could read minds, aswell as manipulate people in ways unless they are conciouse that I am doing so. THis could also alow me to be invisible in a sense as I could make that there minds do not register me so they think I am not there, kind of like what I saw on Dr Who. As long as people do not know it I could make things go well, and even not just control but be able to read there minds and figure out what movements I should do to get the result I want. Though it could get out of hand I will make note to stay around good people so I can keep a level head. But if I get into some fight I could turn the notch up and hurt them by attacking there mind and ripping it apart. Also if people found out about my power, all I need to do is to systematicaly manipulate there minds so they think it was a dream or something.

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 3:34 am

The ability to take the form of a electric current
and travel through wires, brains, plants et cetera,
lightning would be my mistress :)

Last edited by ImTheGuyThatDidThat on 23 Aug 2008, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

23 Aug 2008, 4:38 am

not that its somthing i'd want or anything... but a power i recently thought of. as far as i know im the first to of thought of it. but thats not official atm :). mechanical animation. ie. bringing machines to life :).

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 4:51 am

So you are kind of like a technopath or you can create transformers.

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

23 Aug 2008, 5:14 am

Bradleigh wrote:
So you are kind of like a technopath or you can create transformers.

a little. kind of like the power of "the cube" from transformers... but not quite. just basicly giving machines sentience. not to say that gives them legs, eyes, ears, noses, mouths or anything. just sentience :). pretty shuddy if your machine doesn't come with any senses :)