Anyone else like Mark Bryan's paintings?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 12:30 am

Anyone else a fan? My favorite paintings of his are:

Last of the Merlot
The Plein Air Incident
Last of the Luchadors
The Plan
The Mad Tea Party
Train to the Edge of the World
Last of the Idiots
The Tornado Woman
General Bullethead
Landscape with 3 Tanks

Zureidy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Dec 2008, 7:55 am

Ticker wrote:
Anyone else a fan? My favorite paintings of his are:

Last of the Merlot
The Plein Air Incident
Last of the Luchadors
The Plan
The Mad Tea Party
Train to the Edge of the World
Last of the Idiots
The Tornado Woman
General Bullethead
Landscape with 3 Tanks

Never heard of him until now....but WOW. I love his use of color. All the tornado ones are amazing, and so are the nautical ones. I haven't been able to paint or draw for a long time and have sort of neglected the artistic side of me and these were very inspirational. Can't really act on the inspiration but it's still nice to know it's there somewhere inside. Really cheered me up. Thank you. :D

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 3:21 am

Hey cool I'm glad someone else appreciates his work. To me I think a lot of his work seems like it would naturally interest Aspies. There's the irony of the scenes. Okay he mixes sci-fi (robots) with otherwise serious or ordinary landscaping scenes 8O. Last of the Merlot is so humorous because of the contrast of the foreground and background. Its kinda like the old saying "don't cry over spilled milk" or in this case spilled wine because you should worry more about the world being taken over by angry alien robot invaders! The humor and irony is beautiful!

I'm still debating what the real meaning of The Plan is? I somewhat think its inspired by the banned childhood book Little Black Sambo. I had that book as a child and it reminds me of some of the pictures in the book.