Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 9:00 pm

I was once hit by a car many years ago when crossing the street. Had to go to the emergency room.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 9:04 pm

I was hit by a car while I was riding my bike. I suffered scrapes. I didn't have to go to the hospital. I was about 17 years old.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 9:19 pm

Yes, isn't fun.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 9:20 pm

No, but that doesn't make me any less afraid of it. In fact, now that Canada has just legalized smoking non-medicinal weed, I'm even more scared. What if I get in a cab and the driver has just gotten stoned? Potheads think that dope doesn't impair their driving. Sure, and most people also think they're better at driving while texting or even drunk. Only *other* people can't drive, not them. Dunning-Kruger at its finest. :roll: Are pot smokers allowed to get stoned in public? What about second-hand weed smoke? What about little kids. Dope isn't safe for kids, right? But I digress.

I feel like I am going insane. And don't tell me I need weed to mellow out. To quote Weird Al, "I'll be mellow when I'm dead". :skull: And that's likely to come even sooner now that there will be more stoned people driving.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 9:27 pm

unfortunately not

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Jun 2018, 2:12 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
No, but that doesn't make me any less afraid of it. In fact, now that Canada has just legalized smoking non-medicinal weed, I'm even more scared. What if I get in a cab and the driver has just gotten stoned? Potheads think that dope doesn't impair their driving. Sure, and most people also think they're better at driving while texting or even drunk. Only *other* people can't drive, not them. Dunning-Kruger at its finest. :roll: Are pot smokers allowed to get stoned in public? What about second-hand weed smoke? What about little kids. Dope isn't safe for kids, right? But I digress.

I feel like I am going insane. And don't tell me I need weed to mellow out. To quote Weird Al, "I'll be mellow when I'm dead". :skull: And that's likely to come even sooner now that there will be more stoned people driving.
I heard people who smoke it are less likely to get in accidents than while drunk because when they're high they think they are driving when they are really sitting in a parked car.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 4:51 am

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 4:54 am

When pedestrians hit cars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ls_GbJo77k

Last edited by EzraS on 23 Jun 2018, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 5:03 am

lol, no I tend to be maybe even to cautious about crossing the street. But one time I did start to walk when I got the walk siginal and someone, it seemed like practically tried to run me over...I had to jump out of the way, further than I thought I was even capable of because some as*hole decided to go right when the walk signal came on for me. Like they were at the stop light and could have went whenever the light changed for them...but it was kind of scary like it almost seemed like they were trying to hit me and they didnt go when their signal was there they waited till the pedestrian sign and untill I started crossing before they went. Like I seriously think they wanted to hit me for some reason, but I made sure to stay far enough out of the way they couldn't.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Jun 2018, 5:23 am

My parents live on a major highway that connects two cities so there's a lot of traffic & a fairly high speed limit. The only time I would ever cross the street is when getting the mail & paper which my parents wanted me to do sometimes. I've never been hit crossing that road but 1ce a car was going fast(probably faster than he was supposed to go) & I ran across thinking I had time but he must not of slowed down till the very last second cuz his front tried scrapped against the back of my foot. I was weaning sandles & it knocked my sandle off but my sandle was fine & my foot was OK except for a tire mark. Considering I have low vision(am very nearsighted) it's kind of surprising that was the the worst time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 8:43 am

Yes,when I was a kid.My friend and I were walking home from seeing Star Wars and I was excited to take him the back way home, there was a creek with a log across it and I wanted to show him and challenge him to walk across it.Did not look both ways before crossing road and got hit.
Luckily the driver wasn’t going fast and I was just bruised and scraped.Had to go the the ER.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 9:10 am

No, but I've come close on an occasion or two.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 9:30 am

No but, the way people drive here, it's something that scares me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 10:03 am

I've never been hit by a car accidentally ;)

I've always been extra careful about looking both ways, ever since I got yelled at when I was little. Sometimes I will go out of my way to find a safer crosswalk.

I worry about the forklift trucks at work, though. Some of those idiots need to have their license taken away. I don't have a big problem with weed, but one lady there smokes so much every morning, while she's driving to work, I don't think she has any idea where she is half the time. She never looks where she's going, and she gets distracted very easily. She also reeks of nasty perfume, in an attempt to cover it up.