Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

16 Sep 2008, 1:40 pm

okay. iv been worrying about inflation for a while now. and i wasn't 100% sure where to put it. i was thinking maybe polatics... but as i say... not sure... anywho. basicly. atm... inflation is sending this world down the gutter. banks are being forced to close. and i dont know mutch about financials but what i do know is thats not good. im just wondering. why is nothing being done? okay. weve got minor things going on like house prices dropping by 4% a year... thats alot... by the time im 60 ill be able to afford a house (im really not good at math. forgive me). but anywho. im 15 now. leaving school next year. and i really worry about how this is going to effect me. i think of the millions of things they could do. simple things... like passing laws saying certain products may not be over a certain price. i just hope somthing changes soon.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 2:30 pm

it will pass.. like all things..

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 6:21 pm

I'm starting to worry about it.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 9:01 pm

Inflation sucks. I have bullet proof job security but I don't get raises anything like inflation :roll:

coregazer wrote:
like passing laws saying certain products may not be over a certain price.

There are sound economic reasons why that's a very bad idea.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 10:42 pm

Quote:

HaHAAHA... Ohhh how I laugh. It's almost funny watching everything fall into place..

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 10:59 pm

As long as the average wage continues to rise, there will be inflation. Otherwise, we would all end up being rich, eventually. :idea:

Those who know, don't speak.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2008, 11:04 pm

ShawnWilliam wrote:
Quote:

HaHAAHA... Ohhh how I laugh. It's almost funny watching everything fall into place..

I do believe, ShawnWilliam, that even the most basic of concepts in the fields you talk about completely escape you.

(PS how many times are you going to change your avatar tonight? I liked the old one for some reason...)

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2008, 10:13 am

twoshots wrote:
Inflation sucks. I have bullet proof job security but I don't get raises anything like inflation :roll:
coregazer wrote:

i have no idea what those would be im sorry

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 11:34 am

twoshots wrote:
ShawnWilliam wrote:
Quote:

I do believe, ShawnWilliam, that even the most basic of concepts in the fields you talk about completely escape you.

(PS how many times are you going to change your avatar tonight? I liked the old one for some reason...)

Now that's a mouth full of s**t you got there, I've got a great understanding for it, so please don't try to make me feel inferior just because it's the cool thing to do now, it shows your true colors; weak minded, easily corruptable, lame, stuck-up.. im just one man who happens to be right, and you and your little police friends will discover this to be true with or without your guns pointed at me.

And I'm trying to decide on an avatar I like.. the duck wasn't big enough..

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 12:12 pm

coregazer wrote:
twoshots wrote:
coregazer wrote:

i have no idea what those would be im sorry

I unfortunately sold my economics textbook, so I have to do with what I can get from google. The fundamental problem of price controls is that thing s have the price they have for a good reason. If you alter that, you have a price which does not reflect the underlying economic realities relevant to the thing we're talking about. This can lead to shortages, inefficient allocation of resources, deterioration of quality, etc.
http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/PriceControls.html
http://www.mises.org/story/1962

The rent control example is a common case study, and it seems largely agreed upon by economists that it was a very bad idea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rent_contr ... ts_against

Now, on top of all this, you need to consider that inflation is usually caused by the government in the first place. This is particularly the case in my neck of the woods. Therefore, having the government f**k with the market when it caused the problem to begin with is just farcical..

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 12:35 pm

The biggest inflation comes from the Federal Bank Reserve. They just keep making more cash, and the economy just gets more inflated.

coregazer
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2008, 12:41 pm

tbh. i'd be fine with inflation if the work checks raised with the prices. but paychecks arn't rising whilst everything else is... to me that just isn't right. i just think somthings gotta change soon.

ShawnWilliam
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2008, 2:57 pm

coregazer wrote:
tbh. i'd be fine with inflation if the work checks raised with the prices. but paychecks arn't rising whilst everything else is... to me that just isn't right. i just think somthings gotta change soon.

There current plan as far as I know is to push the prices back down.. at least that's what Ron Paul said. I wish he was still in the election.. :cry: