The End:Death: Fear Of: Good Byes

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Adrenaline
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2008, 7:16 pm

I would like you to stop and think about your vary own end, it eventually comes too us all,
what would you like to see or have when that time comes in your life, a loved one? a hand to hold? what?
if you had a choice how would you like it all to end for you?
also, how afraid of you of death, how do you feel about it and how does it affect you knowing that someday you will die.

Aguila
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2008, 9:11 pm

I want to die alone doing something. I do not want to die in my sleep (that would be terrible). I want to die wakeboarding or doing something I like. I am not particularly afraid of death, I mean what do I have to live for?

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2008, 9:21 pm

I'm not afraid TO die, however the sinking feeling of death is quite unpleasant, trust me. I can't think of a way for it to not ultimately suck, maybe unless the oxygen was taken out of your bloodcells...
I'm not sure of exactly how I want to die, as long as it's not by someone elses hand.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 9:32 pm

I will die peacefully in my sleep, not screaming in terror like my passegers..;)

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 9:35 pm

There are certain things that I want to do when I die, but dying is not so bad (not that I know from experience). I am afraid of a painful death though. When I die, I want it to be without pain.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2008, 9:40 pm

x_amount_of_words wrote:
There are certain things that I want to do when I die, but dying is not so bad (not that I know from experience). I am afraid of a painful death though. When I die, I want it to be without pain.
From your experience did you feel the sinking feeling I described before? Personally I thought it was the worst, but technically there is only one way for you to be killed (by something) without pain, which is what I mentioned above.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 9:50 pm

I know I don't want to drown or suffocate. I hope that when I die i leave behind some notion of my existence - not a tombstone, but something that people will know has a story behind it.

With any luck, I'll also leave behind some famous last words.

"...All those moments will be lost in time like tears in the rain..."

But they do not have me

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2008, 9:54 pm

I would like to die painlessly in my sleep or something similar.

It also would be cool to go out in a blaze of glory(motorcycle, sky diving, etc....) but I fear that moment of terror, right before it happens, and the probability of intense pain.

I guess I'd just prefer something painless. :)

Those who know, don't speak.

geniuskid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Oct 2008, 10:03 pm

I'd quite like to die in a lab accident; that would satisfy the third level of the Freudian pyramid of cravings.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Oct 2008, 10:05 pm

Sometimes I notice I'm not breathing (might be a kind of siezure), and afterwards I can continue to not breath without any discomfort at all. Once I wanted to see how long I could hold it, and I could for a long time until I decided it wasnt safe and stopped. However I was not gasping for breath in the end, just went back to normal breathing. So suffocating isn't always the scariest or worst either if you do it right I guess.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2008, 1:52 am

I'm not afraid to die. I see it as a graduation. I'd like to be buried without a coffin and have an apple tree planted on top of me.
Then I can become a part of the tree and everyone who eats the apples will have a piece of me.
It can be a meditation tree and my spirit will give people knowledge. :lol:

-Pythagoras