Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 11:29 am

Seriously.

I asked the optometrist to help me pick out a cheap pair of glasses that was good for my prescription (as my prescriptions really strong I'm basically limit to small round frames and plastic lenses are out of the questions.)

He said that since my face was small, it was probably best to look in the kids section. He picked out a nickelodeon pair that was flex frame and met my specifications of looking plain. It was also cheaper than some of the lesser quality adult frames

I'm content with its looks, though when I take the glasses off, people are going to see a picture of sponge bob on either side of the ear pieces.

I can't find a picture of the frames online but both earpieces have a white circle on the inner side with a color picture of spongebob

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt74894.html

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 12:54 pm

good!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 1:15 pm

In a kind of navy blue with mild indigo and green undertones?

My NT daughter has those!

She fell absolutely in love with them, the minute she saw them, and they are nice glasses. Classic, plain - with a little interest in the color and the tiny Sponge Bob's that no one can see. She was limited in selection, as well, because she needs bifocals (transitions).

She was really worried at the time about kids giving her a hard time for needing the glasses, so we came up with the line, "well, I think I'm lucky, because I get to have Sponge Bob whispering in my ear all day."

Alright, I personally find the character's speech annoying, but she LOVES Sponge Bob and, hopefully, you find him funny, because if you don't that image I just created of him whispering in your ear may prove really, really, tiresome. :wink:

Anyway, enjoy!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 3:02 pm

pics!

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 3:40 pm

^yes we need pics.

That is really cool. 8)

RubieRoze
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2008, 4:14 pm

One of these models, perhaps? :)

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 4:37 pm

Honestly, spongebob is one of the nickelodeon tv shows I never liked, but having those glasses could make for a good teaching moment when I'm able to return to work.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 1:41 pm

I followed the link above and I can't believe how many DIFFERENT Sponge Bob styles there are! I thought my daughter had "the" style. Apparently not. Too funny, too funny.

I hope you'll love your new glasses.

RubieRoze
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2008, 3:16 pm

^ Think that's something?

Check out the styles Nintendo, Scooby Doo and Mont Blanc! 8O

It's a veritable licensing cornucopia! :lol:

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 11:32 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I followed the link above and I can't believe how many DIFFERENT Sponge Bob styles there are! I thought my daughter had "the" style. Apparently not. Too funny, too funny.

I hope you'll love your new glasses.

Well they are the ones that change to sunglasses outside, so if i'm right the glasses and a baseball cap pulled down low will enable me to experience direct sunlight, and maybe even pass construction vehicles, without needing an eyepatch

and if not, from what the doctor showed me of my change in vision from the last time I got glasses, I'm sure i'll love what I can see