I like it 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I love it! 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
IT'S DA' BEST! 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 21

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:53 pm

Well, I hate buses, and I don't like trains much. So I'll go for the top option...

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:56 pm

How can you hate buses? They're great! Well, the older ones are.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 3:32 pm

gismo wrote:
Who hates public transport?

Anything that smells as bad as the interior of a Metro bus should be buried six feet down.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 3:40 pm

I love those old Routemasters that you could jump in and out off

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 3:40 pm

Anyone who gets public transportation in their area should be grateful.

I have to walk a ways..got no car, no taxi, a bus stop that's a long ways from where I live.

You could say we spent a lot of taxes on public transportation and it got us no where!! :?

macushla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Nov 2008, 4:01 pm

I live in Chicago and while I try to avoid air travel and prefer subway/elevated trains to buses and commuter trains to all public transportation
I must admit that since I've decided I don't enjoy driving in heavy traffic and trying to find a safe place to park my car, taking the bus doesn't seem quite so bad any more.

For me a bus ride means I walk three houses down to the corner of my block and can catch a bus in either direction within ten minutes time.

I find watching all the total strangers on the bus rather interesting.
None of them ever seem to expect me to converse with them
and they all seem not to have any problem with my listening to their conversations with others in person or on their cell phones.
Its a bit like watching surround TV only there are smells and bus vibrations.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 4:06 pm

The subject is a leading question.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 4:13 pm

Fnord wrote:
gismo wrote:
Who hates public transport?

Anything that smells as bad as the interior of a Metro bus should be buried six feet down.

By 'Metro bus', are you referring to an MCW Metrobus (type of bus) or a bus run by a service called Metro?

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 4:14 pm

anna-banana wrote:

Oooooooh. I'd love to have a ride on one of those. In fact, I'd like to own and drive one, but sadly that would be illegal :lol:

Icheb
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 4:16 pm

I live in Zurich which probably has one of the world's best public transport systems, and I love riding the tram or bus or local train line. It's best if you have a season ticket and can jump on and off whenever and wherever you want.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 4:18 pm

hate=public transport.
am used to go on it [buses] to get to home every weekend with dad but headbanged and meltdowned everytime on them,so gave it up as it is not worth it,ring and ride [disability transport] is just as bad.
am use car or taxi only...or feet,am waiting for own car through motability, but havent got one yet due to the benefit being used for paying off a care bill debt.

am would recommend to those in UK with big public transport problems to see if already qualify for high rate mobility of DLA,as that qualifies self for own car under the motability scheme-need to fit under either [severe mental impairment],[severe behavioral difficulties] or both.
or,try disability transport-minibuses which will take self from door to door [might require user to be on DLA and need to get a pass from them as well] or--if have got a travel pass [the national one for free travel],see if local area has a scheme to swap it for taxi vouchers instead,as am know users on another forum are offered this in London.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

ImTheGuyThatDidThat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 4:52 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Anyone who gets public transportation in their area should be grateful.

I have to walk a ways..got no car, no taxi, a bus stop that's a long ways from where I live.

You could say we spent a lot of taxes on public transportation and it got us no where!! :?

^
I think MissC made a good point - its a good thing to have,
my issues with it is more when we`re talking 3 hour trips
and its crowded beyond beliefe, its more a people-issue,
so i`m very grateful to have a car

happypuff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Nov 2008, 5:00 pm

I would like public transport if the buses came more often then once every 30/40/45 mins, continued running after 8pm, and didn't mean at either end of my trip I still need to walk at least 1km :P

In other words, I'd like public transport if it wasn't for the fact you are completely reliant on a car, due to such a poor system here :(

gismo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:00 am

anna-banana wrote:

Well yeah, I love Routemasters but the normal ones are just rubbish, I'd quite like to ride a Tram but we don't have them here in the UK...

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:34 am

It's not that I hate the ride so much, as I hate being trapped with a bunch of strangers.

Those who know, don't speak.

Sholf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2008, 4:45 am

I like buses and trains, most of all when they're empty and I have a good view of the scenery.

Least of all when I'm trapped between screaming babies, fighting students, stressed schizophrenics, and loud racists.

Last week I got caught on a bus whose horn was stuck. For 20 or 30 minutes there was one long, continuous honk. Things like that make you really reconsider leaving the house.

But otherwise, I love buses and trains. I used to ride the local line from my house to the library near my high school on Saturday mornings. It was quiet and beautiful and desolate. I also had some bad experiences on that line, getting bullied when the high school let out.