You learn something new everyday: what did you learn today?

Page 4 of 63 [ 993 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 63  Next

Bluntspeak
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jan 2009, 8:06 pm

I learned that promises are made to be broken.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 10:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
I learned that people would rather believe a pleasant lie than an unpleasant truth.

You've only just now learned that? 8O

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jan 2009, 7:29 pm

CelticRose wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I learned that people would rather believe a pleasant lie than an unpleasant truth.

Well, why not? There is no time frame, that I know of, for Aspies and Auties to learn new social rules! :idea:

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 7:38 pm

Bluntspeak wrote:
I learned that promises are made to be broken.

Cool. On that note, one fact about me that not many people know is that when I say I promise, it's just so people will shut up and leave me alone, but when I say I swear, I really mean it. I keep that fact away from my mother. :lol:

y es como un semestre"

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 7:41 pm

I learned that letting someone know you are unhappy with them does not inspire them to do better but infact does the opposite and makes them give up.
:huh:

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 7:58 am

hartzofspace wrote:
CelticRose wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Well, why not? There is no time frame, that I know of, for Aspies and Auties to learn new social rules! :idea:

That comment was not directed at Aspies and Auties in general, but specifically at Fnord.

Judging by his posts here, I thought he already knew that one, so I was surprised to learn that he had only just figured it out.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 10:32 pm

I learnt how to scold my sister's Tamagotchi :lol:

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 12:04 am

amazon.com can be really annoying at times.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Jan 2009, 1:45 pm

CelticRose wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:
CelticRose wrote:
Fnord wrote:

That comment was not directed at Aspies and Auties in general, but specifically at Fnord.

Judging by his posts here, I thought he already knew that one, so I was surprised to learn that he had only just figured it out.

Oh. Thanks for explaining the back story! :)

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2009, 9:26 pm

my mother is quite a conniving little person.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

16 Jan 2009, 6:46 am

That writing an essay is not as easy as it sounds.

11krage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2009, 9:10 am

Today I learnt that I blur the line between what I don't think I can do and what I do by ignoring my feelings on the matter and just getting the unplesentness the hell over with.

It just dawned on me today when a friend raised serious concerns with the lecturer about an upcoming presentation we have to do in front of the group. She has social phobias like me, and its only just from that I realised that my policy of just doing my best and ignoring any fears I might have means that I have no idea where my limits are and no clue what what happen if I went over them.

http://the-quiet-ones.blogspot.com/

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 3:20 pm

That egg yolk mixed with vegetable oil and vinegar is a good emulsifiers.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 8:23 am

11krage wrote:
Today I learnt that I blur the line between what I don't think I can do and what I do by ignoring my feelings on the matter and just getting the unplesentness the hell over with.

It just dawned on me today when a friend raised serious concerns with the lecturer about an upcoming presentation we have to do in front of the group. She has social phobias like me, and its only just from that I realised that my policy of just doing my best and ignoring any fears I might have means that I have no idea where my limits are and no clue what what happen if I went over them.

Good for you! :thumleft: Too many people limit themselves unnecessarily by looking at a task and saying "That's too hard" or "I can't do that". It's good that you're able to just go ahead and do things without psyching yourself out of being able to do them.

I've always been the sort of person who says "I won't know if I can do it or not until I try it." :wink:

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 12:46 am

the real meaning of LMAO

techpriest
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2009, 12:56 am

Today I learnt the art of port forwarding, and how to see various bits of information about my PC's network connection.