Annual meeting of the Summer Tires Club happened today

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 3:38 am

About the most snow we've had all Winter.. just a dusting shuts the city down every time. Nearly zero snow where I live, but it turned the ground white elsewhere.. and even though this arctic front was in the forecast, just like last year it's an annual tradition that the City (cities) all wait until After it snows and messes up traffic before they send any salt/plow trucks out.. so peoples' normal ~1 hour commutes were 3-5 hour drives home.

The pic above is actually picture of traffic today.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 8:51 am

People really should be putting the winter tires on their cars when the weather starts to cool down.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 1:54 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
People really should be putting the winter tires on their cars when the weather starts to cool down.

I just run winter tires year round and every 2-3 years I buy another used pair for the front, and after about 5 years or so I replaced the rears. I drive a lot so they wear out but lightly used tires for my car’s size are cheap.

Unless you have some high performance sports car I just don’t see the point in having summer tires and storing them and paying to change them twice a year. It’s cheaper to just let winter tires wear out a bit over the summer.

We just put brand new tires on the truck, too. Proper winter tires since we don’t drive it a lot and do want to be able to drive it in the winter - otherwise why have a 4x4 truck?

For all the people that only have 1 set of tires I don’t get why they have basic all seasons instead of winters. You can drive winters any time, you can’t drive high performance summers or “3 season,” tires in the winter. So dumb.

Yet every single year these people jam up the roads.. extra funny when it’s a super car. Umm, yeah, just because you paid half a Million dollars for your car doesn’t mean it can drive in snow..

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 2:02 pm

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/a3Hife ... tid=UalRPS

Time to change the laws. Have to have winter tires to travel on highways outside the lower mainland + basically the rest of Canada in the winter. Time to change the laws to require minimum tire ratings within city limits, too.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 5:07 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2BMDyXPWl0 ... mg_index=1