Equal parts impressive and stupid.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 4:04 am

Saw another "Stanley cup," meme so had to google and see what it was all about.

This: https://time.com/6552422/stanley-cup-craze-target/

Wtf?

Impressive: The company made ridiculous amounts of money out of this trend over the last couple years.

Stupid: $45-55USD for a reusable water cup? Wtf? And people collect a bunch of them ? And switch different brands when some other consumer crap is trending? I do not get it. At all.

I have a green plastic & steel coffee cup I bought at 7-11 that fits in my cup holder nicely. Once in a blue moon I put coffee in it, but mostly I drink water from it. I can pop the lid off with one hand and reach for a glass bottle of water to refill it. (I reuse 1L Rise Kombucha bottles for water, sometimes other brands - and keep reusing them until something happen and the glass breaks eventually.) I bought the coffee cup on sale for like 7 bucks or something about 20 years ago and it's been in the cupholders of my cars ever since.

I guess these things are just a bit less stupid than single use plastic water bottles. But still stupid. It's amazing what people will spend a lot of money on sometimes. After currency conversion they're $60-75+ tax = wtf? More money than brains.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 8:09 am

I wouldn't buy them unless I won some sort of lottery.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 8:18 am

Some people have more money than sense, or don't have money and spend irresponsibly anyway.