Have you encountered an extraterrestrial being?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Calvin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Dec 2008, 4:46 pm

Do you believe in Starseeds? The Starseeds are a concept of the New Age.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 5:39 pm

DESTROY THEM! DESTROY THEM AT ONCE!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 5:51 pm

Another "Star-" something quasi-religious cargo cult? Puh-LEEEEEEZE shoot me! Just shoot me now!

Show me a "Starseed" and I'll believe. Otherwise, put it back in the Science-Fiction & Fantasy section where it belongs.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 6:05 pm

I believe in the star anise seeds. I have some in my kitchen cupboard to prove their existence (not to mention their excellent compatibility with garam masala)

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 8:50 pm

I don't think I am a starseed, I am from Earth....I hope. But I have been in contact with aliens from another galaxy. I've seen and heard their ships and how they communicate with me is that they send balls of light and make them streak all over the place including in your car and in the sky. They have tried to "get" me a few times and I sometimes feel in total control from the aliens and also the government. I lose control over my body and my arms and legs move by itself. It is a weird feeling.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 9:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
Another "Star-" something quasi-religious cargo cult? Puh-LEEEEEEZE shoot me! Just shoot me now!

Show me a "Starseed" and I'll believe. Otherwise, put it back in the Science-Fiction & Fantasy section where it belongs.

Proof Proof, hehe, ya it's nothing but new age mumbo jumbo, and something plagiarized from sci-fi author Larry Niven's stories.

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 9:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
Puh-LEEEEEEZE shoot me! Just shoot me now!

*blasts Fnord with a Cybergun*

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 10:43 pm

Do Jehovah's Witnesses count? I've often wondered...;)

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2008, 12:19 pm

Oh Bloody Please ! !!

Spare us ! !!

I do not believe in the ETH in any manner. shape, or form ! !!

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2008, 1:01 pm

I don't believe it. I don't think highly of New Age though to begin with. The whole new trend is not fitting the older ideas of when people attempted to combine philosophy, spiritual believes and scientific approaches.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2008, 2:45 am

I do not think that intelligent life from another planet is likely to contact us humans, this is becuase I do not think alien life forms with intelligence are common in the universe. It is unlikely that if aliens exist that they would be able to travel to and from the earth becuase the distances in space are so large, it is a nice idea for films about alien life forms visiting the earth but in real life I think it is less likely.

Anyway why in most films do aliens seem to speak english so well ?

If the aliens are smart they might a point of avoiding earth.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 11:10 am

Woodpecker wrote:

If the aliens are smart they might a point of avoiding earth.

IF aliens exist, and IF they could tune in our television broadcasts, why would they come here??
We're so bloody violent, IF they were intelligent, they'd make a wide detour around us ! !! !!

outlander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2008, 12:06 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
IF aliens exist, and IF they could tune in our television broadcasts, why would they come here??
We're so bloody violent, IF they were intelligent, they'd make a wide detour around us ! !! !!

Well you never can tell, perhaps they would take pity on us and try to help us..... :roll:
OR......
Maybe we look like we would be tasty 8O

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 1:34 pm

I once read a story about a group of aliens who had been watching earth TV, they thought that the earth people were super violent. They visited earth and had quite a few shocks, they were expecting the humans to be constantly killing each other and doing mindless violence.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 1:42 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
I once read a story about a group of aliens who had been watching earth TV, they thought that the earth people were super violent. They visited earth and had quite a few shocks, they were expecting the humans to be constantly killing each other and doing mindless violence.

A piece of Science-Fiction, no doubt.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 2:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
Woodpecker wrote:

A piece of Science-Fiction, no doubt.

Yes it was science fiction.