Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 6:10 am

I thought I'd start a weight loss club on here. I know I know, first a rabbit society and now this?

Lets give each other moral support and tips. Lets keep each other going strong!

I have been struggling with my weight for about nine years. In recent years I've tried weight watchers, and Jenny Craigs. With those you had to think of the food constantly. and with jenny Craig, the food got old *real* fast. Recently i've started doing walking videos. 3, 4, miles in one sitting. But, I haven't done any exercise for 11 days, and I over indulged in cookies, so I need to pump it up. I don't want to be stick thin, I want to be healthy.

So Who's in?

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 6:59 am

I gained about 50 pounds when I was pregnant, minus the water and my son's weight. Me and my son together weighed 190. Now I weigh about 170 pounds.

I'm on 20mg of Celexa and 20mg of Abilify and they make me like to pace and stuff, especially the Abilify. I think they make me want to do other physical things too, like walk long distances (if I had the time!). And they decrease my appetite! My boyfriend Jack sometimes asks me if I'm hungry and I say no and he says "You should be."

The problem is, I eat when I'm bored sometimes. I should pace when I'm bored instead, or run around the backyard.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 7:03 am

I need to lose about 30 lbs.

That would be nice.

compgrokker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Dec 2008, 11:41 am

I'm 152lbs. right now, I'm looking to get down to 135-140. I've lost probably about 20lbs. in a little less than a year, just cutting down on what I'm eating and eating healthier. I need to exercise to lose the rest, but I don't have the time/energy. :(

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 2:53 pm

I need to lose about 50 pounds to be just on the cusp of a normal BMI. I was really proud of myself, last night, after I posted this, I did a three mile walking video. I got a little notebook for christmas, and I'm going to use it to keep track of my exercise.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 2:58 pm

I need to lose 20lbs I am 190 right now, funny thing is, I don't eat, I have a low metabolism and no appetite.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 8:36 pm

Fail. Most of the posters in this thread don't need to lose weight.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 8:41 pm

Anubis wrote:

how so? depending on their height and gender, most weights listed as goals are well within normal BMI.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 8:46 pm

Shiggily wrote:
Anubis wrote:

how so? depending on their height and gender, most weights listed as goals are well within normal BMI.

And there is your problem. BMI is certainly not an accurate measure of health or optimum weight.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 1:06 am

Urg.

Let us have our club in peace.

I'm feeling really frustrated right now, because my brother has his girlfriend over, and I can't do my walking videos.

I've eaten practically nothing today, not on purpose, but because I slept most of the day. I ate several chocolate kisses, a bowl of cereal(without milk) and a really big bowl of chicken noodle casserole and peas.

That *is* practically nothing...right? I'm never sure if i'm eating too much or too little.

hypermorphic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2008, 1:48 am

My favorite way to lose weight is DDR. It's got repetitive music, colors and scrolling stuff to hyperfocus on, it's addictive, and doesn't feel like exercise. I've put on a few pounds this fall and plan to get a pad once my finances recover some. It's old, but has anything surpassed it for video game exercise? The Wii floor pad thing looks pretty tame in the commercials, but I don't get the appeal of the Wii in general.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 2:17 am

I heard DDR is pretty good. I watched a video where this guy was *huge* and in a few months he went from this really heavy guy to a stick thin guy. I found that interesting. I think he could use some more poundage now.

hypermorphic

31 Dec 2008, 2:30 am

I can believe it. The pounds slid off me when I was really addicted to it before, though it might not be so easy now that I'm old ;) I don't have a console, so I plan to download Stepmania instead. It'll be much cheaper and should keep me from getting bored of the same old songs.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 5:52 am

I've never heard of stepmania. *wanders off to do some research* Edit: Now I wish I had a dance pad. But how would it even hook up to the computer?

I'm feeling kind of down because I ate a little extra. Not that much extra. I'm doing a lot better than I usually do. I rode the exercise bike for fifteen minutes. :)

hypermorphic

31 Dec 2008, 9:26 pm

*work intervenes, soon to be celebrations*

You can get USB pads. There's actually some that include adapters for USB and several of the consoles, so you can hook it up to anything. Haven't tried it, but my guess (as an IT guy) would be that the pad registers as a keyboard, and that the arrows on the pad correspond to the arrows on the keyboard. You might have to tell StepMania what the other two buttons correspond to, but that should be it.

I was happy with my last foam-backed pad from RedOctane, so I'll probably get another from them: USB pads. Don't get a pad with a backing piece, though, they bunch badly will eventually trip you.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Much better to focus on the things you should do (exercise) than on what you should avoid (diet) :)

31 Dec 2008, 9:50 pm

I go outside and take a walk when it's not raining. Since I am not working, I need some exericse to stay healthy so I won't gain weight. I still don't eat much food.
I got my unemployment check today so I am going to walk to the bank tomorrow which is over a mile away.

I also have a dance pad for Gamecube.