Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2009, 2:46 pm

I am a bookkeeper at a multimedia firm. We do a lot of work with National Geographic, Discovery etc. You?

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 2:50 pm

kattoo13 wrote:
I am a bookkeeper at a multimedia firm. We do a lot of work with National Geographic, Discovery etc. You?

sounds awesome.

i leech on society :(

kattoo13
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2009, 2:51 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
kattoo13 wrote:

sounds awesome.

yeah, it's pretty dope :) I also get free copies of shows that are broadcast (if I want them).

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:24 pm

kattoo13 wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
kattoo13 wrote:

sounds awesome.

yeah, it's pretty dope :) I also get free copies of shows that are broadcast (if I want them).

actually, after years of nothing resultworthy, this welfare appointed person they got me (the "n'th" in a long row.. ) suggested to call the science museum for me, and check if they were okay with a "mock-worker" there, i'd do dirty jobs, they'd get paid from welfare, i'd just recieve the normal welfare pay. and they were actually not opposed to the idea, they said they had to clear some room, apparently they got other semi-volunteers there (i did a job there for a week, during "work week" at school, when i was 15. i loved it)

but that's the first suggestion, in years, that i genuinely feel excited about. even the dirty work, like changing the ethanol bottles for dead bugs and stuff, i really hope they got a spot for me there soon! 8)

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:31 pm

nothing, the a**holes fired me

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:36 pm

I work for the tax office.

Hit me, hate me, but you will never escape me! :twisted:

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:42 pm

i take in oxygeny to use on glucose to get atp to run my celluar metabilism

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 3:42 pm

^^why don't you hurry up a bit with my UK tax return then? :p

I test new internet applications before they go online. it's a small dot-com so basically I just sit all day and surf the net and wait till the IT-brains find something worth testing for me.

I'm only on a trial though, so I wouldn't be surprised if they fired me because there simply isn't enough work for a full-timer :(

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 4:16 pm

I'm the IT manager at a Financial Regulatory body - so, I do strategy, development, testing, maintenance, helpdesk, purchasing, lots and lots of meetings - the lot.
It's good because some days I come in and feel like being alone - so I do development while other times I get out there with the people.

TheNeil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Feb 2009, 4:40 pm

Software developer. I'd like to say that I make the company run smoothly...sadly that never seems to be the case ;)

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 4:48 pm

Do you know what.... changes are, almost near concretion that I'm going to work as a 'care person' working with autistic children. I do not have the pedagogic papers yet but we'll going to try and see if it works. Very, very soon I will be introduced there and I'm very excited about this. Me, being on the high functioning side of the spectrum, trying to help fellow autispectrumi could very well be the place for me. I really, really hope this works out. I know too little to elaborate now but I'll keep you posted and probably going to ask for help from you a bit in the near future. Wish me luck, so to say.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 5:35 pm

In a shipping office dealing with exports worldwide.My interests in geography and history
help to make it more enjoyable.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 5:45 pm

I am an artist and a professional speaker. I speak at autism conferences. I have to speak at 2 of them in May, one on the 29th and one on the 30th. One is a 20 minute speech and the other is a 30 minute speech. The one that is 30 minutes I am being paid with a booth that is worth $1,200. So, basically I am being paid $1,200 for a 30 minute speech. Another thing I do is art. I have a business that sells my art on different items. Hopefully soon zoos order my stuff like they promised. Everyone who sees my fine art cards falls in love with them and buys. I've been selling some prints, including a $60 one. At a parent's meeting about autism I spoke for 20 minutes and then had 20 minutes to sell my stuff. I made $150 in that short period of time. I expect at the autism conferences I would sell around $1,000 at each one. Before when I didn't speak and we got a booth at a small autism conference we made $400 and that was with around 50-100 people being there. This one I am speaking at has 500. There is a slight chance I am speaking at the UN and Princeton University because of my connection in New York. That would be cool!

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 5:46 pm

I am a 'Sales Order Administrator' for a leading computer case manufacturing company. I enter customer orders into our system and lots of other little duties.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:01 pm

*Look like I'm busy.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 8:16 pm

Full-time college student, until December 19th.