The official chain e-mail hate thread!

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 3:52 pm

Who else here hates those annoying chain e-mails that go something like:

Quote:
I have no legs and no arms if you don't send this on to 10 of your contacts by 12pm I will kill you

and
Quote:
If you send this on to 20 people you will get kissed by the girl you like tomorrow but if you don't you will be cursed

And other such BS.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 4:37 pm

DeLoreanDude wrote:

Quote:
I have no legs and no arms if you don't send this on to 10 of your contacts by 12pm I will kill you

and
Quote:
If you send this on to 20 people you will get kissed by the girl you like tomorrow but if you don't you will be cursed

And other such BS.

LOL :lol:

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 4:46 pm

Relicanth7 wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

Quote:

and
Quote:

And other such BS.

LOL :lol:

The sad part is, I actually got real things sent to me that where very similar to those!

Off-topic: shouldn't your signature say "all your base are belong to us", not "all your basesare belong to us"?

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 4:48 pm

DeLoreanDude wrote:
Off-topic: shouldn't your signature say "all your base are belong to us", not "all your basesare belong to us"?

I know I made it diffrent b/c of the thing in your avie :D! !!

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 4:51 pm

Relicanth7 wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

I know I made it diffrent b/c of the thing in your avie :D! !!

Cool... My avie is great, aint it? :)

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 4:54 pm

^ yessir!! ! :)

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 6:12 pm

I used to have a friend who would NEVER bother to reply to my texts or emails, but she would ALWAYS forward me those effing stupid chain things!! Why bother?! I suppose she thinks it's complimentary when it's one of those ones that say, "Forward this to five people you care about," but actually, it made me wanna text back, "Great, now do you care enough to reply to what I actually SENT??! !" Those things are SUCH a waste of credit!! Yet she said that she hardly ever texted me back cos she was saving her credit for her mum and sister (what is she, Mormon?!). OK, this is turning into a rant about me ex-friend now, so I'll shut up, LOL.

I always got the "a dude with no eyes will kill you if you don't forward this" ones as well, cos she was too scared to not send it. I just press delete and I'm still alive, amirite?! :roll:

y es como un semestre"

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2009, 7:12 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
I used to have a friend who would NEVER bother to reply to my texts or emails, but she would ALWAYS forward me those effing stupid chain things!! Why bother?! I suppose she thinks it's complimentary when it's one of those ones that say, "Forward this to five people you care about," but actually, it made me wanna text back, "Great, now do you care enough to reply to what I actually SENT??! !" Those things are SUCH a waste of credit!! Yet she said that she hardly ever texted me back cos she was saving her credit for her mum and sister (what is she, Mormon?!). OK, this is turning into a rant about me ex-friend now, so I'll shut up, LOL.

I always got the "a dude with no eyes will kill you if you don't forward this" ones as well, cos she was too scared to not send it. I just press delete and I'm still alive, amirite?! :roll:

Yeah, I got Spam junkers that work on chain emails aswell so.... lmao chainmailing LOOOOZERS!! !! !! !! !! !! !! :twisted:

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jan 2009, 8:25 pm

Well, I hate all spam. It's really annoying to get them from my family. Really, how can they just mindlessly send it on? Do they really think I'll read it?

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:33 am

i hate those ones too. they totally suck.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 1:53 am

Yeah. They're really annoying. When I had a myspace account, they'd pop up on there too. I hate those things. Some people just don't seem to understand that no matter what the content is, getting a chain mail, with a ton of email addresses, comments from random people, and a lot of scrolling is annoying.

I even got a chain text once. It was from a guy I knew a couple years ago, and he was just using my number to circulate this stupid text "By midnight, or annie's ghost will come to you and murder you in your sleep." I am not kidding. I didn't even know who it was and had to ask.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 2:06 am

Quote:
THIS IS AMAZING!! !

Forward this message on to five people and within three minutes
NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!!

I tried it TWICE and it worked, BOTH TIMES!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED!!
THIS REALLY WORKS!!

Pass this on more people need to know!

:lol: :lol:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 2:17 am

nodice1996 wrote:
Well, I hate all spam. It's really annoying to get them from my family. Really, how can they just mindlessly send it on? Do they really think I'll read it?
Yes they do. sadly.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 4:02 am

I just delete those chain emails. The most annoying thing is when my email address is embedded in there on the TO or CC line and so called friends are passing my email address on to the whole world, as though I don't get enough spam.

At the very least I wish people would learn to send email with BCC so they aren't sharing their entire address book with everyone on the planet.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 5:50 pm

I will pass on chain emails if they are worthy things (like the email I got from on Facebook, which had a poem - apparently from a girl dying of cancer - which was basically all about savouring life because of its finite quality), but the ones which say that I'll somehow get a kiss from my true love if I pass it on are just put into my delete folder as soon as I see them.

The other emails I delete pretty much instantly are those hilariously dumb ones from scammers pretending to have loads of money so that they can get your bank details. I really don't know how anybody could fall for them...

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 6:00 pm

blue_bean wrote:
Quote:
THIS IS AMAZING!! !

Forward this message on to five people and within three minutes
NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!!

I tried it TWICE and it worked, BOTH TIMES!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENED!!
THIS REALLY WORKS!!

Pass this on more people need to know!

:lol: :lol:

I got that one and it's the first chain e-mail that I actually passed on! :lol: