Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

beautifuloblivion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 11:14 pm

cman_yall wrote:
That's more or less the conclusion I've reached - it's all about fun. People in western society are delaying having children for this reason, I think. Or partially that, and partially because they don't feel financially secure at a young age, maybe? I don't know the answer to this question, but I am sure of this: in our society women generally choose who has sex, and most men are going to try and fit their criteria.

I agree with this. Sex has become so casual. Most people who I've spoken with who have boyfriends or girlfriends have had sex with them, or with their exes. I know a good portion of them only do it for fun, as they have no intention on having children. Personally I'm a bit turned off by how casual sex has become. I'm starting to think that it's better to abstain until you're ready to accept the consequences that could come with having sex, such as pregnancy and STDs.

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2009, 11:32 pm

beautifuloblivion wrote:
cman_yall wrote:
That's more or less the conclusion I've reached - it's all about fun. People in western society are delaying having children for this reason, I think. Or partially that, and partially because they don't feel financially secure at a young age, maybe? I don't know the answer to this question, but I am sure of this: in our society women generally choose who has sex, and most men are going to try and fit their criteria.

I agree with this. Sex has become so casual. Most people who I've spoken with who have boyfriends or girlfriends have had sex with them, or with their exes. I know a good portion of them only do it for fun, as they have no intention on having children. Personally I'm a bit turned off by how casual sex has become. I'm starting to think that it's better to abstain until you're ready to accept the consequences that could come with having sex, such as pregnancy and STDs.

And thats why i like that mindset better to actuly think it out rather than to act upon impulse... :?

Jacob12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2009, 4:31 pm

I agree.