Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 10:24 am

I work at my local public library, as an Interlibrary Loan Page, collecting various materials for distribution to the various branches. I love it.

Shivan
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2009, 11:48 am

I work for a court. I do accounts payable, payroll. I really love my job, but my CEO is... well, I'm pretty sure she's the devil. If not, she definitely works for him. She's having a fit because our employees (including the fiscal dept. where I work) take too much time off. Now, unpaid leave time off (except in cases of emergeny) I can kind of understand, but she doesn't want us taking any time off, even though we have plenty of leave time accrued. :twisted:

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 12:04 pm

Journalist.

frequently
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2009, 12:38 pm

bicycle courier

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 1:52 pm

I work for a very small company maintaining inventory of parts used to repair medical equipment.

Shivan
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2009, 12:43 pm

FireBird wrote:
I am an artist and a professional speaker. I speak at autism conferences. I have to speak at 2 of them in May, one on the 29th and one on the 30th. One is a 20 minute speech and the other is a 30 minute speech. The one that is 30 minutes I am being paid with a booth that is worth $1,200. So, basically I am being paid $1,200 for a 30 minute speech. Another thing I do is art. I have a business that sells my art on different items. Hopefully soon zoos order my stuff like they promised. Everyone who sees my fine art cards falls in love with them and buys. I've been selling some prints, including a $60 one. At a parent's meeting about autism I spoke for 20 minutes and then had 20 minutes to sell my stuff. I made $150 in that short period of time. I expect at the autism conferences I would sell around $1,000 at each one. Before when I didn't speak and we got a booth at a small autism conference we made $400 and that was with around 50-100 people being there. This one I am speaking at has 500. There is a slight chance I am speaking at the UN and Princeton University because of my connection in New York. That would be cool!

Firebird, please let me know if you're ever doing a speaking engagement on the north coast of California. I would really like to hear you. Thanks! :)

Shivan
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2009, 12:45 pm

kattoo13 wrote:
I am a bookkeeper at a multimedia firm. We do a lot of work with National Geographic, Discovery etc. You?

Wow, that's really neat - I love both (although with NG, I have to settle for the magazine subscription). :D

Gaya
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2009, 12:54 pm

I work at a PTRF group home for teenage girls, as direct care staff. A lot of the girls are in foster care, some of them are juvenile offenders, and almost all of them have mental illness of some kind.

I'm also working on my master's in Clinical Psychology. Yay. :P

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 9:28 pm

Shivan wrote:
FireBird wrote:
I am an artist and a professional speaker. I speak at autism conferences. I have to speak at 2 of them in May, one on the 29th and one on the 30th. One is a 20 minute speech and the other is a 30 minute speech. The one that is 30 minutes I am being paid with a booth that is worth $1,200. So, basically I am being paid $1,200 for a 30 minute speech. Another thing I do is art. I have a business that sells my art on different items. Hopefully soon zoos order my stuff like they promised. Everyone who sees my fine art cards falls in love with them and buys. I've been selling some prints, including a $60 one. At a parent's meeting about autism I spoke for 20 minutes and then had 20 minutes to sell my stuff. I made $150 in that short period of time. I expect at the autism conferences I would sell around $1,000 at each one. Before when I didn't speak and we got a booth at a small autism conference we made $400 and that was with around 50-100 people being there. This one I am speaking at has 500. There is a slight chance I am speaking at the UN and Princeton University because of my connection in New York. That would be cool!

Firebird, please let me know if you're ever doing a speaking engagement on the north coast of California. I would really like to hear you. Thanks! :)

Next year I might speak at the University of California, but I don't know where in California its located. By the way the UN thing got delayed until next year as well due to funding issues but it was a good thing because I am in an art show (its called Heroes for Autism) in Hollywood around the same time that would be! And to make things better my favorite actor in the world is going to be there, Hugh Laurie! He's the main character in House! I might get to speak there which is in California as well! The tickets cost $100 a piece to get in this art auction. Hopefully I don't have to pay because I am one of the artists there! I think Hollywood is southern California though. By the way the people who are putting on the Hollywood one is stupid because they have 2 different dates on the sheet with the information! Either April 5th or the 19th.

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 12:21 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
sbcmetroguy wrote:
I work in a drafting/design position for a large home builder. I have been there for 9 years out of pure luck. Mostly it seems all I do is estimate materials, which is something at which I make far too many mistakes. But hey, I didn't pick it!! I chose to be a draftsman and designer, not a fricking estimator.

I took AutoCAD in high school, and it was fun.

I used to work for Autodesk in marketing. Company sucked but the software and the users were cool!

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 12:25 pm

Freelance tech business writer and researcher - primarily for architectural, engineering, and mapping markets. Specializing in military, oil & gas, utilities, and emergency response apps.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2009, 1:39 pm

Substitute teach all week, deliver pizza all weekend.
The hours suck, but I can (mostly) pay my bills.
Had a decent full-time salaried job with benefits last year, then lost it, in large part due to AS-related issues which I did not understand at the time.
Hoping to get another job like this, but the American economy is in shambles right now, which I'm sure you probably already knew.

Sublyme
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2009, 2:23 pm

I make makeup.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 11:19 pm

Music teacher.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I