Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

trickie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2009, 12:36 am

I'm not sure where to post this as it doesn't really fit under any of the headings for topics so I'll post here

I was just wondering what people opinions are about what what constitutes negativity in posting for example I recently posted about a new story someone had mentioned that appeared quite heartwarming, I had heard another report on the same incident which showed the situation in another light and simply wanted to say to take such things with a grain of salt by posting my new information and my reasoning. I did not address the original poster personally or insult his opinion but he still responded bad saying I was being to negative.

I know as aspies we sometimes have difficulty accepting opposing points of view and new information but should a person feel they should not post verifiable facts about a news story posted for discussion simply because they differ from the original poster's information?

I'd like to hear people's opinions on this and maybe some suggestions on how to add differing information into a discussion without offending earlier posters.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2009, 12:56 am

I wouldn't worry about it because there a good chance that it wasn't anything personal, at all. It took me a while to realize that there are many different personalities here, and they can be in any type of mood when they are posting. Because of that, it is normal for people to disagree with you, and they should also expect to be disagreed with. So, in my opinion, don't be afraid to state your feelings about a subject, and try not to let other people bother you. I know it can be hard to deal with sometimes, but it will become easier with experience. Just try not to be obviously rude(I doubt you are anyway), and you will have nothing to worry about. :)

Those who know, don't speak.