Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MSBKyle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2020, 3:02 am

People have a herd mentality where they feel like they have to be like the majority. They have to do what the majority does and they have to have what the majority has. Whatever society deems as a normal life, people feel like they have to conform with society's standards. Society tells us that you should go to more school after high school whether that school is trade school or college, find a dream job, get married, and have kids. If you asked somebody why they got married or why they had kids, they probably couldn't give you a reason other than it was the normal thing to do. I had this Facebook friend who ranted about everyone around her getting married and having kids except her. To me, it only seemed like she wanted to get married and have kids because that is what all of her friends were doing, not because it's something that she really desired. Instead of having a mind of their own, people let their religion, culture, family, or friends make their decisions for them. Striving to be like everyone else curbs creativity. You don't have to live your life by society's standards. I've never felt like I have to be like everyone else. I am okay with being me. I've never really understood this herd mentality of why people feel like they have to live their lives like the majority.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 4:00 am

NTs are biologically programmed to have herd mentality. Pick up any introductory textbook on social psychology and that's what it says.

Social media has accelerated herd mentality, even eskimos living in outer Siberia are being influenced now by global trends.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 4:06 am

Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple,Sheeple. :mrgreen:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:29 am

Yes, it's probably why this COVID pandemic is lasting longer than it should. Lockdown in England ends on the 2nd of December and I know that as soon as the other shops are open everyone will flock to them, causing streets to be crowded and the virus to spread more. :roll:

Also with names. People call their babies ''trendy'' names, even if they don't like them. I know a girl who called her baby a popular name just because it's popular, then started regretting it afterwards. I believe people should call their babies their favourite names not what everyone else is calling their babies. I mean I would never call my babies Alfie or George. Yuk! Girls names seem more diverse than boys names these days.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Dec 2020, 12:21 am

People are sometimes very intolerant of others who are different. Lots of us on the spectrum including myself were bullied a bit by our peers while we were growing up because we were different. People sometimes feel lots of pressure to conform because they do not want to be hated on. Minority groups throughout history have a bad history of being abused, hurt, & even killed because of who they are like the Jews, American Indians, African Americans, & Homosexuals to name a few. It is really no wonder so many people feel pressured to conform & fit in.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2020, 12:22 am

I tried going with the herd. I almost let it happen again. The Anglo-French-red, white and blue Canada. I got so sick and tired of the heard mentality always being at the back of my mind, that I took my mask-I mean Union Jack down and threw it into my closet.