Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Pterodactyl Pete
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Sep 2019, 11:03 am

What were any of your CRAZIEST school experiences?

( if you do not wish to share, weather it be personal or not, by all means you DON'T HAVE TO post. ;D)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 11:31 am

One day when I was in the hallway of my 6th grade school, I was surrounded by a group of boys. They asked me what my nationality was. I sensed danger and said nothing. They looked at me. I was small and had large ears. They decided I was Japanese. I said nothing.

For the next three years, I was told every Japanese joke ever invented. Whenever they threw a joke my way, I maintained a stone cold face. That was a little hard to do sometimes because I wasn’t Japanese and a few of the jokes were actually a little funny. But if I showed any emotion, the jig was up.

To this day, if they are still alive, I wonder if they remember the little Japanese boy that went to their school. And I am still chuckling deep inside. That is my quirky sense of humor.

Now if I were Japanese, every one of their jokes would have been a dagger to the heart. And it also made me somewhat immune to any other criticisms they leveled in my direction. If they called me stupid, an idiot, a klutz, an imbecile; I knew deep inside I really wasn’t because I was pulling the wool right over their eyes and they didn’t even realize it. This almost made me bulletproof from psychological abuse.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2019, 11:39 am

My craziest school experiences were how violence and child abuse could be so normalized in my small town. If a child got beaten by their father, it was hilarious and funny. Plus there were lot of drug users in my school and lot of high school drop outs so by the end of the school year, couple of my classes would be 8 students because so many of them would drop out. Plus when I graduated, there were so little of us like 47 of us who graduated. This was a small school of 350 students. There are a lot more kids in the lower grades but are so little in the junior and senior years. Plus teen pregnancy seemed pretty common too. That was because there were lot of dysfunctional families in our area and the parents did 1950's style parenting so my brothers friends thought my parents were strange because they were not like that. The abuse there is so normalized, they think it's normal and think its find for adults to belittle kids and yell at them than talking to them. If that is how they are raised and their friends and that is all they are surrounded with, they wouldn't know any different.

One crazy thing that happened when my brothers were still in high school was these 3 middle school boys took off during lunch and got drunk and only two returned. The school called the kid's mother to inform her her son went missing. She never called them back. Three days later, his body was found in the woods and he had frozen to death. Who knows how they went in the woods where there are no forests in town so perhaps they stole a car and drove it. The mother decided to sue the school district so that rose taxes so they could defend themselves in court. There was an investigation and it turned out the mother always partied in high school and never was around for her kids because she was always out getting drunk and partying. She was divorced and had three kids and her oldest had died in a trailer fire because he was too drunk to escape. The school had informed her of her missing child and she ignored the message. So as a result, she lost the case and the school district won. That was the craziest story I had ever heard.

It also didn't surprise me that my small town was listed as Montana's most dangerous towns. When I lived there, I always heard crazy stories and what I would see in my high school and stories I would hear like these four freshman years going for a joy ride during lunch when I was a freshman and one of them was driving too fast in town and drove into a house and only broke her arm. Neither of them were licensed to drive. There was no charges it seemed like because she didn't go to jail. Another story I remember hearing in my senior year of high school a 13 year old girl being raped behind subway and she had so much alcohol in her system and she had to have it pumped out of her because it was so high. She was even too drunk to know what was going on when she got raped. Underage drinking seemed pretty common there. There were even lot of group home or foster kids in my school so it was pretty common to always get a new student. Sometimes they would move too, probably because they moved to another home.

It may seem like it was one bad school I was in but it was a small school so I got my education and I didn't get picked on as a result. We still had school sports and activities and honor rolls and they didn't allows drugs and alcohol in the school. We would sometimes get a cop in our school and have them check our lockers and parking lot using a dog. One funny story I heard from my aid was back when her youngest child was still in high school, there was a dog that detected something so they busted the locker open and it was Mcdonalds fries. This had to be around 1996-97 because her daughter was a senior then and that was the year they got a Mcdonalds.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2019, 11:43 am

Once, when I was in a high school, my best friend was madly in love with our physics teacher (nothing special though - an ordinary, though really funny, balding guy in his 40's :roll: ) and she wanted to hand him over a love letter. So I wrote the letter on her behalf and she copied it out. In the result, her love confession went like:"My thoughts are revolving around you like electrons are revolving around the atomic core..." :mrgreen: :twisted: