Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ligea_Seroua
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 6:04 pm

My childhood cat /friend, Tam would fight you for cheese and onion flavour crisps. He also used to eat the top off sponge cakes if you left them out to cool. He was really cute, he used to sleep at night on my chest with his paws round my neck....it was nice apart from the cat drool all over my face.

My mum had a cat that used to eat strawberry yoghurts, she'd eat half and then spoon the rest to the cat. As a special treat, she used to get him a greek yoghurt...i'm not sure which of those is the wierdest, yoghurt eating cat, or the owner that discovers it :lol:

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 6:20 pm

My cat eats potato chips and tries to eat chocolate as well, which I don't give to her as I heard that chocolate is poisonous to cats. In general, she eats a lot of crisps - like the stuff from the Munchies snack mix.

mrsashley
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2009, 7:06 pm

Harold likes oatmeal. mmm fiber.
The earwax thing; earwax is made of fat, cats like fat.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 8:35 pm

String and tape are Granger's favourites. Once, my sister had to pull out string from his butt because he ate a whole bunch of it.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 10:08 pm

ebec11 wrote:
String and tape are Granger's favourites. Once, my sister had to pull out string from his butt because he ate a whole bunch of it.

Dangerous for the cat -- string can really mess up their insides.

When I had long hair, I occasionally had to pull strands out of my cats' backsides because they would accidentally ingest it.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 12:24 am

A long time ago I used to have a cat that loved to eat apple seeds. I had to peel the shell before he would eat them though. Ever tried peeling the shell of an apple seed? Very labor intensive.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

30 Apr 2009, 3:49 am

polarity wrote:
Ear wax. My brother found out that a lot of cats like ear wax, because he used to sleep with his bedroom door open, and the cat would wake him up by licking his ears. Then he'd stick his finger in his ear and offer it to the cat, who would lick his finger for ages, while ignoring any finger that had not been in his ear. Some cats aren't interested though.

Hey! Someone else! A good friend of ours insisted that all cats love human ear wax - at least his did, and we found that ours does, but obviously it's not all of them.

Now, Madam will sit and look interested at almost any kind of people food. Creamy things - cheese sauce, yogurt, mousse. You will often find her with her little head wodged in a yogurt carton, licking out the remains. And meat, obviously - if you have meatballs, you will find a paw creeping onto your plate and snarfing one. She's such a little skank.

The thing that really puzzles me is her sweet tooth. She adores cookies and muffins, although we try not to give her too much because I figure it can't be good for her. Thing is, I read somewhere that cats don't actually have tastebuds for sweet things. Anyone know the truth on that? Because it looks like ours does.

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 5:32 am

I had two cats, brother and sister. The boy liked honeydew melon and cheese, but his sister didn't.

beja
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2009, 12:15 pm

I have three cats.

Scout is obsessed with carpet fuzz and any kind of tape. I don't let her eat the tape if I catch her with it. So anytime I get a package in the mail, I must immediately discard the package or she will instantly be on it chewing the tape off.

Buddy has a sweet tooth. All sweets must be kept in sealed containers. He has been known to knock boxes of cookies off of the counter and eat them all. He's also into ice cream, bread, and most carbohydrates.

Clyde is not interested in anything other than vegetables. He will turn his nose up at chicken and beef, but will hound you for corn and green veggies.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 12:41 pm

Oh, Gemma is weird period.
Some of the odder things she has eaten/eats are:
Cardboard. She loves to sit in/nap in/fool around in/attack cardboard boxes. And she likes to chew chunks off and eats them.
Plastic twist-ties and plastic wrappers.
Plastic easter grass from easter baskets; she really loves those.
And she's tried to eat an easter basket multiple times, but it's way too big for her to, lol.
Tuna water (it's weird because she loves the tuna water... but she will not eat the tuna itself, and she won't drink the tuna water if there is a single bit of tuna in it.)
A chili pepper (I'm serious.)
Chicken, both from my hand (with permission), and right off my dinner plate (obviously without my permission.)
And croissants:

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Last edited by BelindatheNobody on 30 Apr 2009, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 12:42 pm

Oatmeal cookies

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

30 Apr 2009, 2:52 pm

Belinda....awwww! (Mind if I ask, is Gemma deaf? We have a deaf white cat. I always thought it was just white cats with blue eyes, but ours has yellow eyes and she's been deaf from birth.)

MadAme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Apr 2009, 3:04 pm

One of my cats eats paper. She also likes to lick the inside of my coffee cup after it's empty. She'd drink the coffee if I let her, but it's bad for cats. I don't even put milk in it -- I drink it black!

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 7:09 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
Belinda....awwww! (Mind if I ask, is Gemma deaf? We have a deaf white cat. I always thought it was just white cats with blue eyes, but ours has yellow eyes and she's been deaf from birth.)

Actually, she isn't. We thought she might have been at first, but over time, it's become obvious she isn't.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 9:31 pm

My cat Diva Image

She LOVES flour tortillas, tofu, beets, peanuts, french fries, spinach, onions from the mcdonalds burgers, corned beef, and she has to have tabasco sauce with her wet cat food.

CelticRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2009, 10:20 pm

ScottF wrote:
...she has to have tabasco sauce with her wet cat food.

8O

I trained my cats to stay away from power cords and phone cords by coating them with a paste made from cayenne pepper and water. They got into the stuff while I was applying it, and after that all they had to do was smell hot peppers of any sort and they would back off.

Autism Speaks does not speak for me. I am appalled to discover that Alex Plank has allied himself with an organization that is dedicated to eliminating autistic people. I no longer wish to have anything to do with Wrong Planet. Delete this account.