Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 4:52 pm

When I was 15 i was at school once. me and my friends were having a bit of fun near the school gates. one of my friends threw a little bit of grass at this big older 16 year old student while he was walking with his girlfriend. the older male student then said in a grumpy voice "**** off".

By his reaction what sort of person do you think he is? I think my friend threw a bit of grass at him by mistake.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:04 pm

Jamesy wrote:
By his reaction what sort of person do you think he is?

The kind that does not like grass thrown at him even "by mistake", and one who is also able to just let something go and walk away anyway.

FluffyDog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:10 pm

Well, that older student did not know if the grass was thrown "by accident" and so was probably upset over being attacked for no apparent reason. Also, he might be worried about what his girlfriend might think about him having grass thrown at him. Many NT males do not like to be ridiculed in front of their girlfriend.

So I reckon, just being told to f*** off is not the worst reaction that you and your friends coud have gotten out of the situation.

My advice would be not to provoke this guy any further in the future and he'll probably leave it at that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:25 pm

What could a worser reaction could have been like?

To be honest the guy was a real jerk like one of those jock type of guys. If he was a nice person he would have just laughed it off.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:33 pm

Jamesy wrote:

To be honest the guy was a real jerk like one of those jock type of guys. If he was a nice person he would have just laughed it off.

That's not necessarily true. I'm told that I am a very nice person, yet if I thought someone was throwing grass at me, I'd be very angry.

FluffyDog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

Jamesy wrote:

In the worst-case-scenario the guy would have beaten your friend up to show his grilfriend that he is not taking that kind of sh** from anyone. Anything in between could also have happened.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

Well still he was agressive in the way he was talking.

Life is too short to get pissed over insignifigant things like having grass thrown at you.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 8:25 pm

Jamesy wrote:
When I was 15 i was at school once. me and my friends were having a bit of fun near the school gates. one of my friends threw a little bit of grass at this big older 16 year old student while he was walking with his girlfriend. the older male student then said in a grumpy voice "**** off".

By his reaction what sort of person do you think he is? I think my friend threw a bit of grass at him by mistake.

An as*hole.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 10:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Life is too short to get pissed over insignifigant things like having grass thrown at you.

Maybe he was already having a bad day. I'd react the same way if someone randomly threw grass at me and it looked like it was on purpose. :evil: I guess I'm an as*hole according to you.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 10:05 pm

marshall wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Maybe he was already having a bad day. I'd react the same way if someone randomly threw grass at me and it looked like it was on purpose. :evil: I guess I'm an as*hole according to you.

Even if you are having a bad day ... you gotta play it cool brother. Walk softy, but carry a big fist. That is my policy.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 11:47 pm

billybud21 wrote:
marshall wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Even if you are having a bad day ... you gotta play it cool brother. Walk softy, but carry a big fist. That is my policy.

Don't be an ass and provoke me. You don't know what I'm going through. That's my policy.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 3:34 am

marshall wrote:
billybud21 wrote:
marshall wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Don't be an ass and provoke me. You don't know what I'm going through. That's my policy.

Hey another Washingtonian. Ya, but remember, you never know what the other person is capable. I lived in LA for ten years and I met people who beat your ass down over just a parking spot or stepping on their foot. That is why I said its better to play it cool, but always be ready defend yourself if necessary.

IWantYourSoul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2010, 7:18 am

He sounds oversensitive and prone to taking small things like that the wrong way a lot.

hermione124
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Nov 2010, 5:10 pm

everybody is different and can react differently in any given situation. im an easy going person and i just assume people are like me, so it surprises me time and time again when people are aggressive, either verbal or physically. logically and through experience it should get easier but i still have trouble. it takes a lot of analysis to figure out why people react in the way that they do,because naturally i cant see their point of view. it takes time and energy to think about this.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 11:05 pm

billybud21 wrote:
marshall wrote:
billybud21 wrote:
marshall wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Hey another Washingtonian. Ya, but remember, you never know what the other person is capable. I lived in LA for ten years and I met people who beat your ass down over just a parking spot or stepping on their foot. That is why I said its better to play it cool, but always be ready defend yourself if necessary.

If I lived in LA I'd carry a weapon. I've been bullied as a child and it still lives within me. I refuse to take it as an adult. Past a certain limit fear for my own safety is overpowered by fear of losing my dignity. Its hard to see that I have anything to lose when life feels like hell anyways.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 1:43 am

Who knows, maybe the guy was insecure that you were making fun of him in front of his girlfriend, or implying his girlfriend was a heifer. I have overreacted and had people overreact to me. I was walking with my girlfriend at the time in college wearing an old t-shirt that had something stupid on it and 3 football players pointed at me and said "nice shirt" sarcastically. I wasn't in the mood and ended up saying something like "f**k you" and told him to come over and say it to my face. Probably a good thing they didn't take me up on my offer, but I didn't feel like an as*hole for standing up for myself.