Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 2:21 am

Today in class we had to copy down a page from a text-book. I'm pretty quick at copying down stuff, so I ended up finishing first. I had managed to do it in under 20 minutes, and some people in the class seemed to be impressed by it.

Someone I consider a friend was sitting in front of me, and he turned around to ask me how I had managed it. I was about to reply when my friend, who was sitting next to me, quickly said 'Oh, she always rushes through things'. Maybe it is just me being paranoid, but the tone of her voice and the way she said it made it sound like an insult.

Does anyone have any idea whether it was meant as an insult or not? I'm not sure.

mikemmlj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2009, 3:46 am

hmmm.....it touched a nerve with you. Is there any truth to what she said? It sounds like you show traits of NLD to me?????????????? (Non-verbal learning disorder)

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 9:18 am

I would've said to this friend, "Excuse me, but I can speak for myself!" And maybe give her a sharp glare while you say it.

And then proceed to explain to the other person how you can copy things quickly. And explain to him in a calm, happy voice.

I've done this many times before for 'friends' who answer questions that were directed at me, not them, and they have quickly learned to keep their mouths shut unless they were spoken to.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 12:46 pm

I wasn't there, but you could be over-reacting. It depends on context, which you don't give a lot of.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 3:21 pm

Usually I'd say that they would have meant it in a joke-way. But I don't see why it would be an insult.

SpongeBobRocksMao!