Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 3:28 pm

I knew that it would be a good idea for me to learn Japanese, its getting really very good, the only problem is the kanji, i only know 1/10 of the kanji's existing (that you should know, that kids learn from school you know what i mean) i really need a better learning source for kanji's soon, someone got a link for a good kanji site? (dareka wa ii saito ga shirimasu ka?) It might have been wrong with the 'ga' i still don't completely understand the whole concept with wo and ga... Anyways, its really good now i can name about everything i see and make sentence's about somewhat everything ^^

Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 4:45 pm

I can't help you (sorry:(), I'm slowly trying to teach myself at the moment...
but I was wondering if you had any suggestions (e.g. books/audio courses/anything really:)) that helped you learn the language.

Not sure if you want to buy any material, but this site has some workbooks/DS games/etc. for learning kanji:
http://www.jbox.com/SEARCH/kanji

I think the flashcards might be quite helpful.
I got the Kana flashcards from there so I can practice wherever i want (e.g. I often take the train to places, so I just get out the flashcards and start practicing) and it seems to work.

Bozewani
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2009, 7:05 pm

The teach yourself series is really good with foreign languages, i recommend it. :lol:

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 11:08 pm

*is being anal* its "My Japanese is getting better."

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 1:16 pm

cognito wrote:
*is being anal* its "My Japanese is getting better."

No, because its not getting just better, its litterly "getting good" the kanji's are the only problems left. Btw don't act like that, its the kind of people that i hate...

SilverPikmin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2009, 1:27 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
It might have been wrong with the 'ga' i still don't completely understand the whole concept with wo and ga...

I don't know if you've seen this before, but this page is a good explanation. I don't know Japanese (though I'm interested in learning, just not really started) and I think I understand it after reading that page.

The whole site is good too, it deals specifically with the things that are hard for an English-speaker to understand.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 7:51 pm

I studied japanese for five months in high school. The teacher was a young woman from Sapporo, she was really good. I managed to get a feel for the language and learn how it's structured, as well as learning hiragana and katakana. Since I dropped out of school I didn't keep practicing and learning, but I still think I'm definitely past introduction level. It would be nice if someone could recommend some website where I can keep learning for free.

Trimalchio
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2009, 7:18 pm

I'm trying to learn Japanese on my own right now, as my school doesn't offer classes on the subject. I got software, which I use at home. I still suck though, I can't write Japanese for my life. Maybe I'm too obsessed with languages. At school, I'm learning Spanish and Latin, and I still want to learn Finnish, Swahili, and Italian. I wonder if I can take like 10 languages in college....nah, I'd probably go insane. XD

I think I'm normal....ish...