Veteran

21 Feb 2022, 10:07 am

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2022, 8:48 pm

The language is French. But the band is from the Ivory Coast (one time French colony) in west Africa.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2022, 2:51 am

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2022, 6:12 pm

Two songs. Two languages. Contrasting emotional feels. But both have virtually the same title:
"Opening Doors".

The Dutch "Offne de Tur" (open the door) is a song that (oddly enough) actually has to do with autism. But besides that I dont know a word. Its quite emotionally affecting despite that somehow. Dont understand a word of the Gloria Estafan song either except the title "Abriendo Puertas" (opening doors). But it gets my body moving. :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 8:18 pm

I can't remember what lead me to this, possibly just Youtube algorithms, but it's a great find. Sadly my Portuguese is a bit rusty (she's from Cape Verde) but very strong piece.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 8:25 pm

Peruvian artist doing the sort of Jungian shadow stuff that Sevdaliza's big on.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 8:32 pm

You didn't say 'post an album' but this is pretty good as well: