Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jun 2006, 7:11 pm

there is a forum for norwegian aspies: http://neuronorway.s2.bizhat.com/index. ... euronorway :D

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2006, 7:55 pm

I am not Norwegian but Norway rules!!

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2006, 2:35 am

someone tell loner mutant, he's norwegian and needs support i think, i dont know how to contct him thou.

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2006, 10:33 am

ok i think i told him

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2006, 12:58 am

donkey wrote:
someone tell loner mutant, he's norwegian and needs support i think, i dont know how to contct him thou.

I'm the moderator of another message board for Norwegians where Berta and I are both members.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2006, 11:18 am

My ancestors were Norwegian. I attended a family reunion a couple years ago that I had that were related to those ancestors (I'm third generation Norwegian). I'm familiar with some of the foods that they eat, and my grandma and I make futtimon every year, and it tastes awesome. My great-grandma also made koompa (I don't know if I spelled it right) and that tasted pretty good at times, except if someone ate it too much. But pretty much, I've grown up eating lots of fish (and I love pickled herring and pickles and stuff; or strong tasting stuff), and I know that my great-great-grandfather came from Norway, and he was a great carpenter; the houses that he built are still standing and being lived in. He lived in Port Townsend, Tacoma, Washington for awhile, and that's where he built the houses and had his children and such.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2006, 3:59 pm

aspiegirl2 wrote:
My ancestors were Norwegian. I attended a family reunion a couple years ago that I had that were related to those ancestors (I'm third generation Norwegian). I'm familiar with some of the foods that they eat, and my grandma and I make futtimon every year, and it tastes awesome. My great-grandma also made koompa (I don't know if I spelled it right) and that tasted pretty good at times, except if someone ate it too much. But pretty much, I've grown up eating lots of fish (and I love pickled herring and pickles and stuff; or strong tasting stuff), and I know that my great-great-grandfather came from Norway, and he was a great carpenter; the houses that he built are still standing and being lived in. He lived in Port Townsend, Tacoma, Washington for awhile, and that's where he built the houses and had his children and such.

I'm familiar with "Kompe", that's what a ball of shredded potatoes filled with pork is called in southern Norway. Were your great-grandma from southern Norway?

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2006, 4:35 pm

Norway is pretty cool except I don't live there.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2006, 3:18 am

Lonermutant wrote:
aspiegirl2 wrote:

I'm familiar with "Kompe", that's what a ball of shredded potatoes filled with pork is called in southern Norway. Were your great-grandma from southern Norway?

Well, my great-grandmother wasn't from Norway, but her dad was (I'm not exactly sure which part). I think that I may be a fourth generation instead of a third generation if I think about it. But my great-grandmother made really good kompe and when my dad was little he'd go to her house (his grandma's house) and he'd eat some. I'm not familiar with a lot of the Norwegian food actually; I've only grown up with a few of them. What other kinds of common/traditional foods are there in Norway, or southern Norway in general? Sounds interesting.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

AegNuddel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Aug 2006, 8:27 pm

I am 1/16 Norwegian. :lol:

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2006, 12:23 pm

update on the norwegian aspie community: i met up with lonermutant and there is a new forum for norwegian aspies and others at www.neuro.no !:D

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 9:23 am

Får svenskar skriva där? :wink:

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2006, 1:57 pm

yes they can, everyone can but its mostly to unite the norwegian aspies and general neuroes. but yeah go ahead:D

AegNuddel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Sep 2006, 11:34 pm

The Scandinavian language is actually speak is really Danish, but I suppose it is understood easily enough.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2006, 12:22 pm

Swedes and Norwegians can understand each other very easy, the languages are very similar. Danish is a little bit harder, especially for Swedes I think, but it's pretty easy reading it. 8)

Lonermutant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2006, 1:49 pm

Berta, takk for sist! Har du tenkt å legge ut bildet av oss her?