Looking for educational TV shows in German and Spanish

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Adam_K93
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2016, 9:30 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry this is in English, but I don't speak German or Spanish.

I am interested in learning German and Spanish (Mexican Spanish), and am looking for educational TV shows.

If you have seen things like the French show "C'est pas sorcier", it is a show where they explain how things are made and where they come from. I am hoping to find something like that.

I have been googling but don't know what is "good" and "bad". I might find the most hated show in Germany or Mexico and would have no idea, so I wanted to hear from natives what is good and bad. I don't care for dramas and such, only documentaries and educational programs.

Please if you have any suggestions, I would like to hear them.

Thank you,
Adam

Nightingale121
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2016, 9:34 am

I am from Germany. Here is a show called "Sendung mit der Maus". It includes those educational parts, at least I think it is what you are looking for from your description, I don't know that French show. Since it is for younger children (but interesting to older people as well in my opinion because of the easy to understand explanations) it might be a good start when you don't speak German that well because the language is not too complicated.
I found that channel on youtube that has some of the educational clips, so you can just have a look and decide if it is what you are looking for:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... EB2C1F1C34

Adam_K93

31 Jan 2016, 6:35 am

^^Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

I actually enjoy children shows a lot and watch them often. C'est pas sorcier is a children's show also, but not a cartoon.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will look it up.

Cactustelefonogato
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2016, 5:38 pm

I'm Chilean and I can tell you 31 Minutos is the best kids show we have there (I watched the first seasons when I was a kid and watched the newest one last year and I still think it's awesome); besides being well-made and have nice music chances are you'll think it's funny no matter if you're a kid or an adult because it has funny stuff for both age groups. Plus it might teach you some Chilean culture stuff as well :)
All its episodes and songs are uploaded in their official YT channel (can't post URLs because I'm a new user, but their channel username is "31minutostv" so it's easy to find; you can even search "31 minutos" on YT and it'll appear anyway) . I know you mentioned you prefer Mexican Spanish but the dialect they use leans towards "standard" Latin American Spanish (and the show is popular in Mexico as well) so I guess you'd be okay with it. Hope it helps! :D