Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 11:03 pm

Claradoon wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
I am more confused now than after the first post. None of the above seems to make sense. Tylenol and Motrimax are painkillers. Why would they affect bloating or release of fluid?

But the fact of bloating is possibly very serious, so I agree with others who have said this needs follow-up. Are you adequately treating the diabetes? Organ failure can cause fluid retention. You deserve an answer.

At the same time, you can probably wait for Monday morning; don't wait until late in the day to seek medical care though. Good luck, Claradoon.

That is the crux of what I was trying to ask in the first post of this thread. The answer is that I don't know, but it works. As for painkillers, I have a lot of pain all the time and I can't afford to buy a whole mouthful of teeth, for example. Nor can I afford to get the infected one yanked - it's been infected or a year and I think it's taken over my sinus & scalp areas. And my ears. But I *was* in hospital this summer. Um, lemme see, the big concussion was maybe a year ago? Anyway, the nurse might have been only sensible if she brought me those meds for pain.

having an infected tooth can hurt your heart as the toxins spread via the circulatory system to the heart which can affect the valves, warping them, in addition to other damage, so it would be worth your health to get that tooth taken care of pronto and just accepting the owie in the wallet [cost].

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Sep 2018, 11:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You should really have the bloating looked into, Claradoon. Perhaps go to your primary physician as a starting point.

I understand your reluctance to go to emergency rooms and such.

You have such a fine and fertile mind. What’s making you down?

The mind and body express each other together. I look for the psychological basis of physical events. I am more and more disappointed with doctors who stand on the "only physical" interpretation of things.

I think of Sis, years ago, who set out for a job interview when one of our white-out winter storms hit suddenly. She wasn't dressed for a storm; nobody was. She arrived with her long curly hair encrusted with ice. The swirling snow had washed off her makeup and her coat creaked and crackled. The city was shutting down. The boss was astonished to see that Sis had conquered the storm to show up for the interview. I'm talking about interpreting the physical. Sis rightly thought that her appearance was ruined. But the boss saw the kind of determination that he wanted to hire. She got the job.

The storm & ice was her 'bloating', to compare her circumstance to mine. How about we'll just call it Negativity.

You ask what has brought me down. Cancer, bankruptcy, my b'day, Mom's b'day (10 days apart, span of terrible depression every year). My efforts to reduce expenses have resulted in my being disqualified for help I need. I have seizures. Even my cat knows that and she tends to me as best she can. On no day can I say that I remember all of it. And do I have hope? No.

Even my writing has wilted. Even so, I joined a chess club on-line. There's a real chess cafe on the other side of town. But would I dare? (TS Eliot)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Sep 2018, 11:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
I am more confused now than after the first post. None of the above seems to make sense. Tylenol and Motrimax are painkillers. Why would they affect bloating or release of fluid?

But the fact of bloating is possibly very serious, so I agree with others who have said this needs follow-up. Are you adequately treating the diabetes? Organ failure can cause fluid retention. You deserve an answer.

At the same time, you can probably wait for Monday morning; don't wait until late in the day to seek medical care though. Good luck, Claradoon.

That is the crux of what I was trying to ask in the first post of this thread. The answer is that I don't know, but it works. As for painkillers, I have a lot of pain all the time and I can't afford to buy a whole mouthful of teeth, for example. Nor can I afford to get the infected one yanked - it's been infected or a year and I think it's taken over my sinus & scalp areas. And my ears. But I *was* in hospital this summer. Um, lemme see, the big concussion was maybe a year ago? Anyway, the nurse might have been only sensible if she brought me those meds for pain.

having an infected tooth can hurt your heart as the toxins spread via the circulatory system to the heart which can affect the valves, warping them, in addition to other damage, so it would be worth your health to get that tooth taken care of pronto and just accepting the owie in the wallet [cost].

Ah. Yes. That would be why the Nurse got me an appointment with a dentist for next week for a free consult. That will connect me to the system and at least get me antibiotics. I only have 8 teeth and one of them is killing me. That nurse has been a huge help. As for money, what money? Our healthcare doesn't cover dental. I have my own dental policy but you have to pay up front in cash then get reimbursed.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 11:50 pm

what about the off-line chess club would deter you?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2018, 11:52 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Ah. Yes. That would be why the Nurse got me an appointment with a dentist for next week for a free consult. That will connect me to the system and at least get me antibiotics. I only have 8 teeth and one of them is killing me. That nurse has been a huge help. As for money, what money? Our healthcare doesn't cover dental. I have my own dental policy but you have to pay up front in cash then get reimbursed.

the free consult is a big plus. I hope you are at least able to get the antibiotics and have this fixed.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Sep 2018, 12:13 am

auntblabby wrote:

Those are the swans and I'm the ugly duckling.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2018, 12:22 am

Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Those are the swans and I'm the ugly duckling.

only stupid people would make an issue of another person's physical appearance, so if those chess geniuses are as smart as one would think, they will be gentlemen and ladies and treat you no differently than they treat each other, as more or less equal brainiacs having fun on the chessboards. I think that compared to the homeliest angels, the prettiest humans would look pretty sorry. it's all relative. just be yourself, nobody else can be you better than you can be you.