Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Zillachan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2019, 4:02 pm

Hi everyone! Im currently in my first trimester as a first time mom and have noticed i feel more autistic than usual if that makes any sense? I feel more isolated in my feelings, am nearly unable to eat anything other than cream of wheat, and i dont know if what im feeling is pregnancy related or if aspergers/autisric traits can be exacerbated during pregnancy.

My Partner has teased me about eating the same meal out of the same bowl with the same utensil.
Does anyone have any stories to share? :(

MrsPeel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2019, 5:24 am

Well, it was a while ago for me, and all I can remember from the first trimester was feeling really tired.

magz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 5:36 am

Changes in tastes and being more restrictive with food is typical in first trimester.
In my first pregnancy, I had also very strong reaction to smells and chemicals on my skin, I needed to change all the chemicals at home to some hipster eco stuff with no fragrance and simple ingredients. This was also the time when I changed all my socks to delicate socks for diabetes. I'm not diabetic but I hate the feeling of sock rubber!
I couldn't ride bike because my stomach got instantly upset.
I threw up almost every day.

I can't say if I was "more autistic". I wasn't aware autism had anything to do with me back then. I was just out of a major depression and I believed I needed a lot of rest and being left alone, which I fortunately got.

plokijuh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2019, 4:30 am

My symptoms have been more prominent since my first pregnancy (although I wasn't aware it was asd that whole time, I've only been diagnosed a year abs a bit). I think it's due to the additional stresses, extra hormones and less sleep.

I found pregnancy quite challenging.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2019, 10:29 am

Since this was your first post - Welcome to Wrong Planet.

During the first trimeter, it is common to have problems keeping down food. Vomiting a meal is a common sign of pregnancy. Later it is common to experience rather strange cravings like eating pickle ice cream.

As far as an Aspie pregnancy, many negative feelings are driven by stress. Pregnancy and early motherhood can produce an increase in stress levels. So rest the best you can to recover.