I Hope It Isn't Tonedeaf For Me To Post This...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 12:22 am

CW: Video title is deliberately provocative but he's actually talking about the idea that women experience autism differently from men and how that's bogus and rooted in misogyny.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Apr 2021, 1:55 am

To watch the video, I will need to find some headphones but - I know IRL both 100% cis-women with "masculine" (blunt) ASD and 100% cis-men with "feminine" (masked) ASD. There is a correlation but it's not hardwired.
Cultural influence is entirely possible.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 2:04 am

magz wrote:
To watch the video, I will need to find some headphones but - I know IRL both 100% cis-women with "masculine" (blunt) ASD and 100% cis-men with "feminine" (masked) ASD. There is a correlation but it's not hardwired.
Cultural influence is entirely possible.

Yeah, I masked heavily while in school. It might be a matter of the boundaries we become aware of vs. the ones we don't.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 2:32 am

The guy is rambling and never explicitly states his point. He assumes that the number of autistic people in the world has not increased over time. I have no idea why he thinks gendered expectations facilitate identifying autistic children.

He's mixing up being "born" a girl with being "assigned" girl (two totally different concepts of girlhood), so I don't know what what his actual point is.

Come to think of it, i don't know what the female autism thing is supposed to be about either: is it that autistic females supposedly differ from autistic males because they are female or because they are socialized a certain way?