[ POLL ] Another Clueless Man Question: What did he say?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

What are the stupid things men say?
 "MARRY ME!!" (On the first date) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
 "I drive a Ferrari. Wanna go out?" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
 "If you say you are my girl, I will say nice things about you, too!" 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
 "I am so lonely. Will you be my friend?" 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
 Other:________ (Please elaborate). 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 8:32 am

** ANSWERS FROM WOMEN ONLY, PLEASE **

A recent discussion with some nieces presented a revelation: Men say the most stupid things!

(I guess Captain Obvious has not dropped by lately, huh?)

The gist of the conversation was that when expressing interest in a woman, a man will either (a) try to impress her into going out with him; (b) try to 'bribe' her into going out with him; or (c) beg her into going out with him.

I posted some examples in the poll; I am sure that women can provide many, many more.  Include as many cheesy pick-up lines as you want!  You may choose any or all the poll options, and you may change your choices at any time.

Again, I ask that only women respond to this poll, so as to have a better representation of what is really going on.  As for me, I'll check back in now and then just to see what has been posted.

Thank you!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:03 pm

"Are you tired? You've been running through my mind all day!"

"Do you have a boyfriend? If not, can I apply?"

"You're only gay because you haven't met me yet, would you like me to introduce myself again?"

"Can you at least give me the courtesy of dating me for at least a week?"

"Do you mind dating my friend? He's going to end up forever alone otherwise, please, I'll pay you"

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 9:35 am

We~ll I think that one guy I went on a date with was trying to impress me with the stuff he was saying, but he failed miserably. I mean, he made it clear that he lived in a big house in the middle of the most expensive city in the country and he even talked about how there was a vacation home in Portugal that we could go to for a vacation if things got going between us... why was this a failure? Our culture puts value on being humble; bragging is a no go, especially bragging about money. Bragging about some skills you have is a bit more acceptable, but not money. Of course, I'd understand the desire to brag if one had really managed to get so far in life that they owned such things at the age of 30 and honestly, I'd probably brag too if I did, but the thing is... he didn't own those things. His parents did. Bragging about money is considered a dork move, but bragging about your parents' money? Fail!

All that said though, the main reason there was no second date was not this but his immaturity... well, that and I caught a wind of a bit of a misogynistic attitude from him. It was just one comment, but it left a sour taste and kinda sealed the deal.

Lost_dragon wrote:
"Are you tired? You've been running through my mind all day!"

Sorry to be laughing, but I found this one funny. :lol:
Of course, if it was said to me by a man I have zero interest in, it'd probably be far less amusing.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 4:29 pm

I once dated (non-exclusively) an automotive engineer who...in retrospect... maybe he was autistic-clueless? Or just clueless?

He told me that I was the #2 in priority of the women he was dating... like that would get me excited or something! I told my husband about this recently and we had a good laugh over it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 5:58 pm

In the adult world there isn't really supposed to be a set script that you must say to a woman when asking her on a date. It's all about reading between the lines, which yes I know autistics may have more trouble with, unlike me though.

Like one time a guy I volunteered with offered me his phone number and made out it was for a casual reason like sending me a funny cat video or something. Then he said, "you now have my number." Already knowing he was single and lived on his own, I had a good guess of where this was heading but I didn't say. Then when he texted me the same evening he added "babe" to the text, then he started adding a few kisses. I knew full well that he was asking me out without having to hear the words "will you date me?" It's all about their intentions. Turns out he was asking me on a date, but as soon as I passed the "wow, I'm flattered" stage I started to realise I didn't like him in that way and had to let him down gently, which did disappoint him but I'm not the sort to base a relationship on lies.

This happened quite a few times with different guys.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 6:51 pm

*insert native puns that a highschooler would say than an adult would*

Not that adults do not do it.
I couldn't think of anything in English. :lol:

Nor something less family name/social status/affiliation centric/collectively inclined stuff, other than the puns and lines already mentioned.
Maybe even not-private.

But if you insist:

"I'm (insert someone famous/prestigious/rich/etc.. here)'s (insert nature of relation/affiliation)"

"I (insert whatever talents or ability)" with little or no relevance to the present situation or topic of the conversation.
Also not as a convo starter/ice breaker.

"Don't call me 'brother/uncle/cousin'" -- A Stranger.
Without implying offence or specific yet more formal preferences.

"I live in (insert neighborhoods that implies specific wealth/social rep/status)" and this isn't an introduction. Nor relevant.

Maybe, except that translates as "I wanna make a baby with you." 8O
Without anything stable beforehand (job/means, the relationship itself like 1st date or 1st month, etc.)...

And personally, there are some guys who might as well flirt at me or whatever niceties like taking me back home from work.

Genuine or not...
It either goes over my head, or I quickly dismiss the thought because I'm just not interested nor motivated to. :lol:

And whenever someone tells me to go on a date or if I caught a hint that they intended to -- I always decline. :P
Those who tries to gain my attention by trolling or the idea of pissing me off most especially (yes it's a strategy).

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.