Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 7:47 am

Why is it that a woman showing off her body in revealing clothing and even OnlyFans automatically objectification? I personally think that everyone: Male, female, non-binary etc…. should have the right to flaunt their appearance in however they choose to do so. While I personally wouldn’t, I still think it’s dumb to say wearing a v neck is objectification and trying to impress people.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 6:44 am

To me, objectification is when a person's body parts are taken out of context, such as if you were watching a film and you only saw a woman's body being framed but never her face or other identifying features. Further, I think that men and non-binary individuals can also be objectified. There is a difference between finding parts attractive whilst being disconnected from the person, and finding them attractive as an aspect of that person, if that makes any sense.

I would not class wearing a v-neck as a form of objectification.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 5:43 pm

I was talking about victim blaming this morning with my husband and we touched on this subject. I believe a person should be able to "show off" their body and be appreciated (or not) and not be objectified (or worse). Why a body or degree of skin exposure has to correlate with sex, intelligence or anything else is beyond me. I cover myself more so than other women b/c I am not clear how to handle the poor behavior that manifests in others otherwise.