Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 3:45 am

hurtloam wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Not many low-IQ people are good writers.

I don’t sense you have a low IQ.

Did you know many indigenous people are classified as "low IQ" however if you put them in a middle of a jungle in Africa and asked them to travel 100's kilometres surviving on their wits to avoid predators and find food/water and at the same time also dropped some intelligent dork with an IQ of 180 in the same jungle, guess who's going to make it to the other end.

IQ tests don't measure application of knowledge.

Oh yeah, IQ tests are incredibly skewed towards European men who invented them and only measured what they viewed as useful. A lot of people think IQ tests are pointless... I tend to agree.

The Stanford-Binet test was developed by Alfred Binet who was a eugenicist. Indeed the test was originally developed to select for good breeding stock which were highborn young white men and women.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 10:38 am

smudge wrote:
^ Want to name names?

It would give me a massive boost if somebody told me I was highly intelligent. :lol: I think I would rather be funny though.

I think intelligent people are often "extremely creative" and "extremely emotional".

I don't want to be intelligent though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 10:39 am

I attract people looking for handouts.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 1:37 pm

I don’t believe the Stanford-Binet is used as much as the Wechler’s.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 3:42 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t believe the Stanford-Binet is used as much as the Wechler’s.

True, but it was the precursor.

In WWI the US army were the first to use it as a screening tool for volunteers or conscripts.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 4:13 pm

I disagree. Lower IQ's and LD's will try with ANY available or unavailable partner. They simply want a "yes".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 4:21 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
I disagree. Lower IQ's and LD's will try with ANY available or unavailable partner. They simply want a "yes".

I wish we still had WP members living with low IQ who could contribute to this discussion

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:07 pm

cyberdad wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:

I wish we still had WP members living with low IQ who could contribute to this discussion

ALL people want love, they want sex (most people do anyway). What difference does lower IQ or LD'S make?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 11:27 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:

ALL people want love, they want sex (most people do anyway). What difference does lower IQ or LD'S make?

It seems like there's always some Aspie on this forum making threads about low IQ/ID and/or why are we being lumped with severely autistic people (things are much better now than when I joined in 2011 when there was open hostility at DSMV lumping Aspies with autism).

When it comes to whether people who are classified as low IQ experiencing love/intimacy I would prefer to hear their voices rather than from Aspies who probably know nothing about what its like to walk in their shoes (not directing this at anyone on this thread).

I am always struck at the somewhat "judgy" attitude HFA people have toward ID which isn't that much different to what people with ID get from NTs.