Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 6:20 am

Hello everyone,

Okay, so I want to preface this by saying this is absolutely not in any way, a perverse thread of any kind. It is purely a learning experience for me.

I am a biological trans-guy who is very.. 'womanly'. I am a lesbian inside a biological white man's body.

Alright, that being said, I don't really know lots about bra sizes. Can someone explain these to me?

I generally have an idea that different numbers represent different sizes and go up or down incrementally, i.e, 32, 36 or whatever. Then there is the attached letters?

I am a bit embarrassed because I look at a woman's 'big jugs' sometimes & I just don't know what those jugs are all about? Like, is it difficult to shop for bras and such?

Again, this is purely a learning experience for me. I am not going to follow anyone up who responds with any creepy messages. Please don't be anxious. Be open, be tranquil.

Okay, thanks. :)

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 23 Dec 2021, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Dec 2021, 7:32 am

There are two dimensions: band size and cup size.
Band size, in the British system (there are several) is the circumference above the breasts in inches - or circumference below the breasts + 4 inches.
That's relatively simple.

Cup sizes are a more complex topic. They are indexed by letters but a letter alone says nothing about the breast's size.
Cup sizes depend on difference between the band size and the measurement at the fullest point of the breast. The volume of a cup of the same letter increases with band size - roughly when you decrease the band by one size, you need to increase the cup by one size to save the volume.

An example chart:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 7:43 am

magz wrote:
There are two dimensions: band size and cup size.
Band size, in the British system (there are several) is the circumference above the breasts in inches - or circumference below the breasts + 4 inches.
That's relatively simple.

Cup sizes are a more complex topic. They are indexed by letters but a letter alone says nothing about the breast's size.
Cup sizes depend on difference between the band size and the measurement at the fullest point of the breast. The volume of a cup of the same letter increases with band size - roughly when you decrease the band by one size, you need to increase the cup by one size to save the volume.

An example chart:

Oh, okay. Thank you.

So do people like use tape measures for this stuff?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Dec 2021, 7:55 am

They should.
And, then, of course, trying on.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 7:56 am

magz wrote:
They should.
And, then, of course, trying on.

Fair enough.

Thank you, Magz.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 2:33 pm

Yes, some bra sizes are easier to find. For example 32A (small frame, small bust = my sister) or 38C (large frame, large bust = my sister-in-law). Other combinations can be more difficult to find in stock. To find a commonly stocked size, a person can drop a band size by adding a cup size (38A could try 36B) or vice versa (34D could try 36C). My ASD BFF and I are both biologically female of average height and build but both have "large" band sizes (38), but I have a smaller bust, which makes me an A cup (she's a B/C). I use a mixture of hard-to-find 38A and easy-to-find 36B. I find better bras at thrift stores than I do at dept stores. Good luck!

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 6:52 am

Those size charts are good starting point. You still have to try them on to know for sure. Each brand and each design can be sized differently. If you got 34C from that chart, grab some a size bigger and a size smaller to the fitting room as well. I can not use the suggested band size. It's too tight so I always go up a band size, and down a cup size. i.e. 36 C is the same cup size as 34 D.

I do want to mention that bra-free is in. All the most fashionable girls are not wearing bras now. Even flat chests are considered quite nice. :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 7:28 am

y-pod wrote:
Those size charts are good starting point. You still have to try them on to know for sure. Each brand and each design can be sized differently. If you got 34C from that chart, grab some a size bigger and a size smaller to the fitting room as well. I can not use the suggested band size. It's too tight so I always go up a band size, and down a cup size. i.e. 36 C is the same cup size as 34 D.

I do want to mention that bra-free is in. All the most fashionable girls are not wearing bras now. Even flat chests are considered quite nice. :)

I have a flat chest and I like bra-free, too.