Is this a woman’s rights issue?
Yes: 92%  92%  [ 35 ]
No: 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 38

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 12:06 pm

Mothers may stop getting prenatal medical care, if their medical history will be tracked.

Spontaneous miscarriage and stillbirth are hard enough without fear of persecution.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 6:49 am

magz wrote:
That's what we fear might happen but not the reality yet here. There are NGOs offering legal help in case someone tried.

Oh good, I hope you can fight it and stop it happening. That sort of thing happening would be a nightmare wouldn't it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 7:30 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Mothers may stop getting prenatal medical care, if their medical history will be tracked.

Spontaneous miscarriage and stillbirth are hard enough without fear of persecution.

This is just bad , imagine after a miscarriage or something of that sort , all very traumatic , then they would want to run the woman through the court system . To prove what she says is the truth . Causing extra unnecessary trauma .

where ever you go ,there you are

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 9:26 am

Jakki wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

This is just bad , imagine after a miscarriage or something of that sort , all very traumatic , then they would want to run the woman through the court system . To prove what she says is the truth . Causing extra unnecessary trauma .

That is just really, really horrendous isn't it. Cruelty. And how the hell would she prove it anyway? They would say 'you took X, you took Y' to say that she took a drug or something.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 9:37 am

^ “witch hunt” comes to mind.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 11:56 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
^ “witch hunt” comes to mind.

Oh yes. You hit the nail on the head. They want to prove it's the woman's fault, not just nature happening.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 12:12 pm

KitLily wrote:
We've already lost our right to peaceful protest, so we can't even do that anymore.

This law came into force today. This is a peaceful protester, he's well known, harmless and on his own.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... rotest-law

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 3:06 pm

No right to protest does not bode well for England …. 8O :( :o

where ever you go ,there you are

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 3:51 pm

Jakki wrote:
No right to protest does not bode well for England …. 8O :( :o

You're right. They've snuck this in while people were distracted. It is real Don't Look Up stuff.

And today a British MP (Danny Kruger) made a speech about how he doesn't believe women should have bodily autonomy when it comes to pregnancy.

And next week the government is bringing in a new health care bill bringing the American health care system closer.

It's going to hell very quickly in Britain. Help.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 3:54 pm

I hate to say but I saw this coming when governments wanted to mandate vaccines.

People should always have autonomy of their bodies when it comes to medical choice and intervention.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 4:07 pm

I suspected this sort of thing would happen when British people voted to leave the EU in 2016. There's no one to double check what the British government does now, they are turning into a dictatorship with no one to restrain them. But hey. This is what people voted for. It must be what they wanted.

Anyway, I realise I've totally sent this thread on a tangent from Roe vs Wade, sorry!

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 5:32 pm

The "party of freedom" imposing stricter laws on people (just so long as those laws don't effect themselves).

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 8:23 am

Unbelievable. Something that happens naturally (for a non-viable pregnancy or in cases of maternal physical or mental hardships) and the US has outlawed our right to assist. I myself have had pregnancies endanger my life multiple times which required intervention (TCM or medical). Without abortions, I would have died (I almost did once even with them). I chose to face that risk (planned pregnancy), but should not have been forced to. I have a friend who as a teenager had an unexpected pregnancy that almost killed her (she chose to continue with the pregnancy and face that risk-was she informed?, but she should not have been forced to). I could go on and on with life-threatening experiences my friends have had in pregnancy related to rape, pregnancy-triggered illnesses, etc. This is not something to force upon a person.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 9:39 am

SharonB wrote:
Unbelievable. Something that happens naturally (for a non-viable pregnancy or in cases of maternal physical or mental hardships) and the US has outlawed our right to assist. I myself have had pregnancies endanger my life multiple times which required intervention (TCM or medical). Without abortions, I would have died (I almost did once even with them). I chose to face that risk (planned pregnancy), but should not have been forced to. I have a friend who as a teenager had an unexpected pregnancy that almost killed her (she chose to continue with the pregnancy and face that risk-was she informed?, but she should not have been forced to). I could go on and on with life-threatening experiences my friends have had in pregnancy related to rape, pregnancy-triggered illnesses, etc. This is not something to force upon a person.

I agree with you 100% SharonB. Lots of people e.g. the Supreme Court think that pregnancy is straightforward in modern times with no complications. It isn't. It never has been and never will be.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 12:02 pm

I agree with SharonB.

Another concern is that girls and women will be pressured to take oral contraception "the pill" to avoid pregnancy. Pregnancy will be viewed as their fault if they don't show evidence of taking full responsibility for birth control.
It would even prevent pregnancy in the event of rape or incest, meaning those won't be "excuses" anymore.
That means the state will say "Oh you got raped? Were you on the pill?? Why not??? BOO HOO!!"

This is equally harmful to girls and women, not just as a form of gaslighting, but for medical reasons.
Hormonal birth control is a violation to girl's and women's body chemistry.
It can be very dangerous and cause blood clots, strokes, or heart attacks.
It's not allowed for girls / women with certain existing conditions because it can kill them.

I have issues with any court that says choice might be allowed in the event of rape.
That sounds great, but think about it. It's all BS because:

- It can't be classified rape until a criminal case has been conducted
- That takes weeks or months of evidence collection and preparation
- It depends on backlogs in the system
- Some cases themselves take a week or more to be heard
- In the meantime they say these possible abortions should be done by six weeks
- That means four weeks post-conception, two of which are spent waiting for a period
- The person would only know they're pregnant for about two weeks MAX
- Most of us can't even get a GP appointment without several days' notice (to confirm pregnancy)
- There's no way a rape case would be determined in that time frame

I can see states delaying rape trials, dropping charges, or failing to charge the person
Look what happened with Brett Kavanaugh, Donald Trump, and Joe Biden.

Choice should be available to ALL girls and women.
A person shouldn't need to be raped to have equal rights with other Americans.

I think for one thing, relying on rape as a reason will up the number of false rape reports.
That's not a good thing either, for rape culture or for boys / men who may be accused.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 10:00 am

And anyway, The Pill isn't the universal solution everyone thinks it is. The Pill made me very mentally unwell to such a degree that I had to stop taking it. I know numerous other women who had to stop it as well for a myriad of reasons. What would happen to those of us who can't take the Pill? I dread to think. Would we be forced to take it and just 'deal with the consequences'? Not a good idea in a gun centred culture like the US!