Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 6:37 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
:lol: I hear the mods hand out chocolate for reporting those!

I like chocolate...

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 7:19 pm

I'd take any PMs every other hour and reply them all anyday than being involved with PMS to begin with.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 7:24 pm

Eating loads of fresh fruit and veg can help impact your mood. The vitamin supplements others have mentioned are helpful too.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 7:33 pm

As per Women’s Discussion Forum Guidelines:

Quote:
2) Involvement of male members.

While Wrong Planet rules do not prohibit posting by men in the Women’s Discussion, men who venture into this forum need to approach any reading or posting they do with an element of respect for the fact that they have just walked in on a conversation that should have little to do with them. This forum is intended to be more friendly to women, and to focus on issues unique to them.

viewtopic.php?t=141113

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 7:45 pm

There’s lots of good advice in this thread. I would just add that if PMS symptoms continue to be a problem it might be a good idea to talk to one’s doctor to rule out PMDD or, perhaps, to try more intensive treatments that require a prescription.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2022, 6:07 am

PMS can involve many symptoms. Some are easy to deal with, like tender breasts, just wear supportive bras. Hot flashes - wear less clothes and crank up the A/C. The mood swing can be harder. I try to keep to myself more so I don't quarrel with others unnecessarily. I do get very happy and energetic during about half of the cycle and feel on top of the world. I try to remember that during the low times.

Be kind to yourself and don't be overly focused about various problems. It's good to have a few resource to provide comfort when you're not feeling great. Like old books to read, stuffies to hug, herbals teas, chocolates, cookies, shows you can binge watch...etc.

ripleysue
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Sep 2022, 1:56 pm

I'm on Depo-Provera and haven't had my period in 5 years. I guess I'm mostly on Depo because it regulates my hormones and is treatment for PCOS (which there's a good chance I have but it's not been confirmed).

When I did get PMS though, I would lay down with a heating pad and take care of myself extra-good. That was pretty much the only time I could feel free to be kind to myself :/

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 1:27 pm

I got my period yesterday morning and until then I was about ready to kill people. But it can't really just be my period because I feel that way when it's over, too. I might act calmer and less irritated, but deep down my hatred for humanity is a fiery beast waiting for the chance to escape. I think I have post-menstrual syndrome, which has symptoms that are virtually the same as pre-menstrual syndrome. And I start having pre-menstrual symptoms about two weeks before my period. So I'm rude and nasty all month long. :twisted:

Oh well, they don't call it The Curse for nothing. I'm just glad that when I do get my period I can still do most things I normally do. I've heard about how some other girls and women getting cramps and other symptoms so bad they get sick or can barely function. I think it would be horrible to go through that torture every month.

You only get around the first 10 years or so to enjoy being a girl, then everything about it sucks. :(

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2022, 2:53 pm

Surely menopause will improve things? At least that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm fine until after ovulation until my period. I eat more junk, although limited myself better this month, but I'm terrible to be around. I would seriously kill someone if I could. Then the random crying for no reason! As soon as my period comes the day after I'm a normal functional person again.