Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Jan 2023, 11:04 pm

Is it just me or do other women find wearing a bra makes them itchy sometimes? When I was little and I first started wearing bras, I hated it because they made me so itchy. At the end of the day, when I finally got to take the bra off, my whole back and my breasts needed to be scratched for at least 5 or 10 minutes before I could even think about putting my PJ's on. I since grew up and got really used to bras. As an adult, I mainly just itch across the middle of my back where the back of the bra latches. Sometimes I itch worse if I have an uncomfortable shirt over the bra and a thick sweater. Anyone else with similar experiences?

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2023, 4:06 am

For going out of the house:

I figured out long ago that lace on bras is bad. It looks pretty, but itches like mad. I also usually only buy cotton T-shirt bras. I prefer its texture over a slick one. The cotton is usually the more difficult thing to find.

I need underwire & prefer padded for shape. I want a taller bra band with more hooks, but that's my pipe-dream.

For home:

T-shirt, no hooks or wires, stretch nylon. I've bought some Hanes Womens Wireless Bra, Full-Coverage Pullovers & a couple Hanes Women's Seamless Racerbacks.

I always end up scratching where the band & shoulder straps are after removing one. At times I've wondered if I'm becoming more sensitive to the exposed elastics.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jan 2023, 5:23 am

I wear mostly sport bras. Currently, my favorite one is simple Kalenji for running that turned out to exist in my size (32E).

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2023, 9:31 pm

Blue_Star wrote:
For going out of the house:

I figured out long ago that lace on bras is bad. It looks pretty, but itches like mad.
I always end up scratching where the band & shoulder straps are after removing one. At times I've wondered if I'm becoming more sensitive to the exposed elastics.

I agree with you about lace. I never wear lace bras because they itch. I also don't like sports bras for the same reason. A lot of times after I remove my bra and shower, I feel like I need to get a brush and scratch my back especially near my shoulder blades. Sometimes my PJ's don't help either. My back doesn't usually get that itchy during the day unless I wear an itchy shirt with a thick sweater over it and then I find myself rubbing my back against a wall when no one's looking because I can't scratch it. Sometimes if I go in the pool, the chlorine gives me a little rash on my back that's not easy to scratch. I have to get my brush and really scrape my back until the itch stops. I love the pool though because it's relaxing.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Jan 2023, 1:50 am

If your breasts aren't problematically big, you can try to give up wearing any bra.
Or try wearing sports tops instead.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jan 2023, 10:44 pm

magz wrote:
If your breasts aren't problematically big, you can try to give up wearing any bra.
Or try wearing sports tops instead.

I never did like sports bras. I always feel like they are the most itchy (besides lace).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2023, 12:31 am

Ive mostly just stopped wearing them altogether unless I am wearing something that I think will make my boobs too exposed then I put on a sports bra.

That said I have seen women on reddit talking up 'bralettes' I tried on a couple things like that not too long ago and i personally did not like them but some women seem to swear by them saying they are more comfortable than bras.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2023, 10:41 pm

I buy thrift --- the softest, gentlest, most well worn, durable items. I find 2 bras and stick with them. The bra I am wearing now is a large band and without an underwire. I used to wear a band that was too tight and I used to wear underwires b/c those sizes and styles were readily available in stores but both applied pressure and made me itch. In my late 20s I finally measured myself for the correct band size (larger) and started shopping thrift (softer). Also, if a see a crease on a clothing item, I leave it be (creasing = itchy :wink: ).

Good luck!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 12:08 am

Bras aren't itchy to me, they're just sensory hell like being tied into a vice grip and having my oxygen cut off, while the straps slide down and I'm aware of them more than I'm aware of my own existence.

Maybe men should try having their testicles tied to their shoulders for a while.

I laugh when men complain about face masks.
I'd like to see them last a day in a bra.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jan 2023, 10:34 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Bras aren't itchy to me, they're just sensory hell like being tied into a vice grip and having my oxygen cut off, while the straps slide down and I'm aware of them more than I'm aware of my own existence.

Maybe men should try having their testicles tied to their shoulders for a while.

I laugh when men complain about face masks.
I'd like to see them last a day in a bra.

I've gotten used to bras now, but like I said when I first started wearing them as a kid my back would be super itchy when I took it off and would need to be scratched all over for several minutes before I could get into my PJ's. My mom would sometimes see me twisting my arms around my back and she'd ask if I was itchy. Then after I said yes, she said that all girls get itchy spots from bras, but they get used to them after awhile, which I eventually did.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2023, 10:42 pm

My mother-in-law taught me how to scratch a boob in public.
Best thing I ever learned from her.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jan 2023, 9:08 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My mother-in-law taught me how to scratch a boob in public.
Best thing I ever learned from her.

That sounds nice. My boobs have been really itchy today due to dry, flaky skin. For me, it's also hard to scratch my boobs because they're so small and sensitive. As soon as I log off the computer, I'm going to go put lotion on and see if that helps. :roll:

TheEbonyEwe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jan 2023, 8:28 pm

playgroundlover22695 wrote:
Is it just me or do other women find wearing a bra makes them itchy sometimes? When I was little and I first started wearing bras, I hated it because they made me so itchy. At the end of the day, when I finally got to take the bra off, my whole back and my breasts needed to be scratched for at least 5 or 10 minutes before I could even think about putting my PJ's on. I since grew up and got really used to bras. As an adult, I mainly just itch across the middle of my back where the back of the bra latches. Sometimes I itch worse if I have an uncomfortable shirt over the bra and a thick sweater. Anyone else with similar experiences?

oh. my. gosh. yes. I used to wear nothing but underwire, tight bras that cut into my shoulder since I was obsessed about them not sagging. There was only one type of brand I could wear that didn't have stretchy straps that did the trick and look I wanted but, it caused serious itch due to the material and tightness required to achieve take off. Couldn't wait to get them off as those straps made my back itch so bad.
Then, I was at JCPenney last year and saw Vanity Fair made some wireless, beyond comfort simple, sizing bras and decided to give that a try. They looked like a new design, so I said what the heck. I couldn't believe that they kept everything in place and were so comfy. No more itching or cutting into my shoulders. Threw the others ones out.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jan 2023, 10:18 pm

TheEbonyEwe wrote:
playgroundlover22695 wrote:

oh. my. gosh. yes. I used to wear nothing but underwire, tight bras that cut into my shoulder since I was obsessed about them not sagging. There was only one type of brand I could wear that didn't have stretchy straps that did the trick and look I wanted but, it caused serious itch due to the material and tightness required to achieve take off. Couldn't wait to get them off as those straps made my back itch so bad.
Then, I was at JCPenney last year and saw Vanity Fair made some wireless, beyond comfort simple, sizing bras and decided to give that a try. They looked like a new design, so I said what the heck. I couldn't believe that they kept everything in place and were so comfy. No more itching or cutting into my shoulders. Threw the others ones out.

That's great that you found a good bra too. Finding a comfortable bra is key unless you want to be rubbing your back against a wall or a chair all day. I've had days where my back itched really bad in places I couldn't reach, especially under my sweater and shirt. Wearing comfortable clothes is essential.

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2023, 11:00 pm

A couple of days ago I found that my boobs were really itchy under my bra due to dry, flaky skin. I kept trying to scratch my boobs, but it's hard because my boobs are sensitive and with a rash, scratching doesn't really work. It just seems to make me feel more itchy. However, before I went to bed, I gently rubbed 1 pump of stress relief lotion onto my boobs and since then, my boobs haven't been itchy. The lotion worked a soothing miracle for me. Plus, I find that I tend to itch more in the winter, especially on my fingers, in between my toes, my arms, and my back.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 4:11 am

I'm mostly braless. At least it's trendy now. It's the underwear that I have more problem with. I can only stand pure cotton granny panties that are smoothly finished with no "support" at all. Anything slightly sexy is just uncomfortable. Sometimes even the granny panties have to be worn inside out. Why the heck do they put all the seams and serging on the inside? Oh and all those socks with toe seams, low-cut or no show socks are also awful. Of course face masks are uncomfortable, too. I have wonderfully healthy skin, it's just generally sensitive to any pressure. My body is not just a frame or hanger to put clothes on, it can feel everywhere, too. Comfort is really the most important quality in clothes.