Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

RacoKula
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2023, 5:46 pm

I'm wondering how people here manage to put down cleavage comments? I'm fairly well-endowed and don't really have a problem with it (except when running), but because of their size I often find myself buying a top, putting it on and finding the neckline looks a lot more dramatic than I'd calculated. Depending on the day I might change but sometimes not.
I understand people can't help looking at times. That doesnt really irk me. It's COMMENTS that do. And what surprises me that other women are often worse than men.

A while ago I went to a gig with my friend, who also brought HER friend. Another well-endowed girl. I wore a hoodie initially but eventually couldn't stand the heat and stripped down to a tank. The new girl was coming back to the bathroom, let her eyes go wide and shouted BOOBS! while mock-diving into my chest.
Another time I was on a call with coworkers and while wearing a BAGGY SWEATER, noticed that it was falling in a weird way between them. I tried to adjust it, but it kept going back. ended up pretending to play with my headphone cord to block it. Queue one girl going "show them off!" in the middle of the meeting. :oops:

like i understand. they're there. you can see them. but how do people think they've the right to make remarks about women they dont know? it's not even like they're being nice/complimentary. is it some weird put-down method?

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2023, 3:08 pm

Ah. I'm sorry to hear that. Now, I may be wrong - but I would hazard a guess that such comments are meant to be a particular type of banter. Making a joke out of an unfortunate situation, such as a wardrobe mishap, as a means to bond. Poking fun in the hopes that you'll poke back, or at the very least be annoyed and amused at their antics; creating a back and forth. I think it's difficult to explain.

However, I could also be interpretating this incorrectly. Either way, if you're not comfortable with such remarks, then that's understandable.

Unfortunately, I can't offer much insight regarding putting down cleavage comments. I have a small chest. One that looks flat if I wear a button up over it. So people don't tend to comment on that part of my body. I still get unwanted attention at times, but for different reasons.

I think if I did have such issues, I'd probably respond "Nah I'm alright mate" (to showing them off) or "Yes, correct, they are boobs, well done" and pat them on the head. However I don't know if I would recommend doing so. Perhaps someone else will have some better suggestions on this thread for you.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 9:56 am

Unfortunately I don't think there's much you can tell strangers. They don't know you and wouldn't care about your feedback much. Now if these are friends or familiar people you can firmly tell them to not tease you about your body, and they probably would listen. I'd just ignore comments from strangers.

It's kinda silly how many ladies' tops are very low cut. I'm kinda medium-sized and some shirt necklines hang below my bra. I thought it's so stupid until someone told me they're supposed to be layered. I think it's a lame excuse to make tissue-thin clothes and make customers buy more, and I'm not going to support that. Very glad that the trend has changed. Although now you're suppose to go braless and not button up your shirt. We just can't win. 8O