Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 9:17 am

my older sister has been jealous of me for along time

she is older than me and is married with kids + she is neurotypical but she has always felt i was the lucky one because more attractive,always had men swooning after me,yes i got homeless and into drugs and alcohol but then i came out of it smelling of roses (her words not mine)and despite my autism i succeeded career wise as a bus driver

my sister has always been in retail assistant jobs or cleaning and seems to think iv come off better even though im autistic and she is nt

so she tries to have no contact with me if she can help it
why do people have to be jealous?im not jealous of anybody.waste of energy

anyone else have a jealous sister or even a brother
?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 9:25 am

I used to be jealous of my brother because he was always the golden child and could do no wrong. I was the black sheep just because I wasn't religious and went to college. Families can suck sometimes. My brother is my best friend now. Sometimes we joke about this stuff. There was one occasion when we were kids when he tried to hit me over the head with a vacuum cleaner. According to my family, that was my fault even though he's two and a half years older than me and was a teenager at the time. :lol:

I just think that they needed to have an actual "problem child" so they could see how easy they had it.

My brother is secretly an atheist these days. If my family knew, they'd probably blame me for it.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 12:13 pm

both my parents didnt want me autistic but this was back in the 70s
but while my mum favoured my sister more and always held a grudge against me for being autistic my dad realised as he got older that he loved me and that i deserved more than what i had so thats why he helped me out and got me cured of my alcoholism and drug abuse

but my sister remains jealous even tho she doesnt realise my autism gives me challenges she most likely doesnt have

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 7:56 am

I can get jealous of my female cousins but I don't show it and I don't hold a grudge against them or anything. Maybe jealous isn't the right word for me. Envious might be the right word, due to me feeling insecure about who I am. But it isn't in my nature to get nasty or resentful. If I was religious it would be God who I'd be resentful at for making me like this.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 5:25 pm

I do. My sister sees me as the golden child. As children, my giftedness shone brighter than my disabilities. She was in reverse. We both had joy and suffered. My sister sees my successes and scoffs at my suffering. I see her successes and her suffering. Sigh. My daughter (ASD, high grades) will have opportunities and suffers and is much like me. My son (ADHD) will likely require academic support or life alternatives and is much like my sister. I hope he can measure his success using his own measuring stick and we can avoid that dysfunctional dynamic in this household as much as we can. I read the book "Siblings Without Rivalry" to help me parent in that direction.