Page 9 of 17 [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 10:14 pm

menintights wrote:
The list fits so many people here I can't help wondering if the wording may be just too generic. Perhaps someone should post it on a forum for NT females and see if they respond about the same or if we really are different.
That's a really interesting point. Maybe this could be posted in General and the NTs on the board asked to respond?

AW
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2010, 11:17 pm

nice, but I disagree about the appearance part- as I said in previous forum- I care about my appearance. But yes, the hippy hair is sooooooo true!
the rest applies to me- it's good, I'm finally finding out about myself after 17 years of confusion ( well, about 14, coz when i was little, life was sooo much simpler...)

industrialx
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2010, 12:58 pm

Okay, so I've just read that and... and I just wonder why the hell it's taken me so long to figure out that I am probably AS. The only thing that wasn't quite true to form for me was the emotional/physical, because I seem to experience more of what AS males experience. And I was incorrectly diagnosed with Bipolar. I'm kinda feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 11:54 pm

Holy s**t. That's mad crazy.

EXACTLY ME

kat_ross
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2010, 5:22 pm

every single thing on that list describes me. i literally read the first few pages of reviews on this board and then paused so i could go order that book. i have struggled my entire life, but things have been infinitely more difficult the last 6 months or so. i graduated from college in the spring so now i no longer have school as a distraction; i am finally having to face the reality that this is how i am, and this is how difficult it is going to be for me to go out in the world and actually live. if the book helps me, i am going to give it to my parents to read, so that maybe they will finally begin to understand me after 22 years of getting angry and telling me i just have a negative attitude towards life.

thank you for posting the list. it was very comforting for me to see that so many other women could relate to it.

Alepmm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Oct 2010, 6:04 pm

ok its a little creepy to be described so well by that list isnt it?????
PS: Im so glad im part of the "enjoys sex" gropu rather than the "strongly dislikes it".... :D

Alepmm

27 Oct 2010, 6:05 pm

industrialx wrote:
Okay, so I've just read that and... and I just wonder why the hell it's taken me so long to figure out that I am probably AS. The only thing that wasn't quite true to form for me was the emotional/physical, because I seem to experience more of what AS males experience. And I was incorrectly diagnosed with Bipolar. I'm kinda feeling overwhelmed at the moment.

I was wrongly diagnosed as a bipolar also!

kat_ross
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Oct 2010, 6:26 pm

every single thing on that list describes me. i literally read the first few pages of reviews on this board and then paused so i could go order that book. i have struggled my entire life, but things have been infinitely more difficult the last 6 months or so. i graduated from college in the spring so now i no longer have school as a distraction; i am finally having to face the reality that this is how i am, and this is how difficult it is going to be for me to go out in the world and actually live. if the book helps me, i am going to give it to my parents to read, so that maybe they will finally begin to understand me after 22 years of getting angry and telling me i just have a negative attitude towards life.

thank you for posting the list. it was very comforting for me to see that so many other women could relate to it.

Alepmm

28 Oct 2010, 1:33 am

So, I need some girl advice here. My friends do not believe i have aspergers even though i got diagnosed by a freakin psychiatristbecause"you're not autistic*. I have (according to diagnosed) very mild aspergers... I´´m getting quite annoyed at people doubting it. Has anyone had this problem??? (im 26, just got diagnosed)

silvercat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Oct 2010, 3:50 am

Only a few things on the list didn't fit me.
In the meantime I bought and read the book " Aspergirls " from Rudy Simone where the list of asperger traits originates from.
Now I have proof at home for the nonbelievers.
Alepmm, maybe let your friends read the list to convince them.

Bubbles137
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 4:46 am

silvercat wrote:
Only a few things on the list didn't fit me.
In the meantime I bought and read the book " Aspergirls " from Rudy Simone where the list of asperger traits originates from.
Now I have proof at home for the nonbelievers.
Alepmm, maybe let your friends read the list to convince them.

I found that book really helpful.

sturdy
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2010, 7:19 pm

This is me to a T. Wow.

sturdy
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2010, 7:24 pm

PS - I had to chuckle at the may sing when happy part - that was the kicker

IQ wise, though, I would be HFA. I'm not smart enough (no offense) to be Asperger's. I'm not a Silicon Valley computer geek type at all, more creative. People think I'm spacey and not very bright (so they tell me).

couriergrrrrl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2010, 8:34 am

Alepmm wrote:
So, I need some girl advice here. My friends do not believe i have aspergers even though i got diagnosed by a freakin psychiatristbecause"you're not autistic*. I have (according to diagnosed) very mild aspergers... I´´m getting quite annoyed at people doubting it. Has anyone had this problem??? (im 26, just got diagnosed)

I was also diagnosed in my twenties, and ran into the same issues with friends. When you say you have an autism spectrum disorder, people think you should be like Rainman or something. If you aren't, they think you are lying. Maybe it's not the best way to deal with it, but I just quit telling people. I'm in my thirties now and only a couple of people outside my family know about my Aspergers. People just think I'm eccentric, and I'm ok with that.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 11:39 pm

Me too, for the most part anyway!

Jaz1787
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2010, 9:52 pm

wow! great read, thanks poster