Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 7:48 am

wow good question! i get most of my pms symptoms when i ovulate. breast pain, slight irritability or mood swings, cramping. about 2 or 3 days prior to menstruation i get slight breast pain again and extreme tiredness, and that's all. nothing severe at either time - nobody can tell my cycle at all, not even husband. funny but my cycle is really irregular - 3.5 to 6 weeks apart.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 1:25 pm

Well I'm back from my gynecologist, and things went a little better than I thought. :) She told me that my PMS is worsening because I'm older now, and basically my body is getting sick of shooting out eggs that just end up dying month after month. My body is like, "You're in your mid-thirties, why haven't you had a baby yet?!?" :evil: and my mind is like "because I am not ready to have a baby and I never will be!" :x But my body doesn't care what my mind thinks, my body thinks that I still live in the stone age and should have had at least twenty kids by the age of thirteen because my lifespan is only around eighteen. :roll: So it retaliates by making my PMS worse. Since I am too chicken to have surgery to the gynecologist is planning to put me on these pills(naturally) which she claims are quite mild and I will only need to take them before my period, and then she had me get a blood test to see if I'm hormonally imbalanced. She's also going to talk with my mother but I have to wait now and see what happens. The only thing that bothers me now is how bad it's going to be when I hit the big "M"... 8O

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 4:55 pm

I'm having it real bad right now and the pain is ubearable now that I'm off my meds.

I really shouldn't be on this forum right now... :?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 10:56 am

7 to 10 days before the period.

Little in the way of cramps but I have mood swings. Mostly by being in a foul mood looking for something to blow up over. And let's not forget cravings. Sometimes I just can't fill up. Sometimes it's chocolate. Sometimes both.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

PrincessOOPS
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Sep 2010, 11:29 pm

I get very aggressive a couple times a year before my period. This may sound weird but I only really menstruate... a couple times a year. The other months I might spot a bit but that's it... I hardly even notice. I don't even use a pad or anything those months. its only noticable when I wipe. I'm like... "oh gee... I guess that was my period"....? I've been to the gyno and talked of this, and they said it was unusual but nothing wrong with me. Anyone ever hear of this?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 4:04 am

No, PrincessOOPS, I've never heard of such a thing. But I sure envy you! Consider yourself lucky in that regard

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 6:06 am

During the 2 weeks before it starts, symptoms go on and off. That's when I feel "bipolar"!

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2010, 8:07 am

I get CRAZY PMS about 2 weeks before my period. I get really bad back cramps, I start to break out, and I have INSANE mood swings, which sometimes makes me think I'm bipolar. For example, the smallest thing can send me into a rage or it will send me into really bad depression (I'm not always like this, usually I'm pretty happy and normal.) Then the week before isn't so bad, I break out a few days before, but before THAT my sex drive goes up a bit and I feel more confident.

It was worse when my periods were irregular. I took the pill to regulate them but I always forgot and it messed me up a bit. I'm not taking them and I now have a normal cycle.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 7:00 pm

the week before. i dont really get much pain, although occasionally I have. I get slightly snappy/irritable/emotional. my sex drive increases alot, as does my appetite and i eat everything i can get my hands on for a few days. oh and sometimes my skin gets bad

thas it :|

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 7:48 pm

I feel seizures coming on and extreme tiredness 2 weeks before, then that continues and I get bloodless cramps a few days before, then I soak through a super absorbant (my ass) tampon AND a pad that might as well be a diaper about every 3 hours. Swap fatigue for insomnia because I have to stay awake to keep mopping up my c**t for the next four days (and I do this while shotgunning valium and percocet)... then a week after the actual period starts I'm still really hypersensitive to... all my senses.

Planning a hysterectomy shortly. There are only 10 days tops out of the month where I feel anywhere close to what "normal" must be.