How man men do women consider attractive?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

What percentage of men do women consider attractive?
all of them 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
90% 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
75% 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
50% 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
25% 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
10% 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
5% 41%  41%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 32

ghostpawn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jan 2010, 8:58 pm

How many men do women consider attractive? (first impression, before he opens his mouth)

Only women answer the poll please. I don't care what guys think that women think.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2010, 9:15 pm

The problem with this poll is that there is no direct way to view results to polls on WP (despite the misleading presence of a "view results" button...)

Last edited by Hector on 26 Jan 2010, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2010, 9:25 pm

:?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 1:38 am

You are asking a group of mostly women on the autistic spectrum...which is a minority...and often, many women are some variant of asaexual....or something...

For me, it is less that 5%...I am not asexual but I do not find the vast majority of men attractive. I can see how many can be asthetically attractive, but I do not regard that as the same thing as my being attracted to them.

This seems sorta to me like a guy spamming the womens forum..

ghostpawn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2010, 5:04 am

Hector wrote:
The problem with this poll is that there is no direct way to view results to polls on WP (despite the misleading presence of a "view results" button...)

Hmm, maybe there's a way I can add a "I just wanna see" poll option?

poopylungstuffing wrote:
You are asking a group of mostly women on the autistic spectrum...which is a minority...and often, many women are some variant of asaexual....or something...

I... hadn't considered that. :oops:

There's also are some NT women on here who are spouses or parents of aspies, maybe we can get their answers too.

poopylungstuffing wrote:
For me, it is less that 5%...I am not asexual but I do not find the vast majority of men attractive. I can see how many can be asthetically attractive, but I do not regard that as the same thing as my being attracted to them.

Exactly the kind of honest answer I was looking for. Thank you.

poopylungstuffing wrote:
This seems sorta to me like a guy spamming the womens forum..

No, it's a guy posting on the Love and Dating forum, and someone else moving his poll to the womens forum... presumably so more women will see it.

Robin_Hood
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jan 2010, 6:15 am

I don't know how to answer that!

How can you answer that really? It depends doesn't it on the ammount of men you see.. How attractive they are based on looks alone is respective of how good looking the men are that you've seen.

If I were around tall dark, blue eyed, fit, chiseled, perfect skinned men then I would say 100% but obviously people come in all kinds of shapes and colours. What one woman finds attractive another may not. But if I had to take a stab in the dark on average it would be a bit less than a quarter maybe.

saintetienne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2010, 7:38 am

i voted all of them, i'm pretty sure that's right

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 1:45 pm

I am sorry for calling the thread spam..I was in some kind of mood at the time....

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2010, 6:00 pm

I don't think its fair to ask, "before they open their mouth". I think most people would have a tendency to take their later opinion and claim thats how they felt as soon as they saw them.

Apparently I'm in the minority but I find lots of men attractive physically. It's hard to say what percentage. As long as they aren't too young or old or fat or have some other deformity, if I hang around any guy long enough I start thinking of them "in that way"... :oops: I find masculinity to be just so comforting and magnetic, not extreme muscle-bound icons of masculinity, but the subtle masculinity of the everyday guy, the deepness of their voice, body hair, the way they carry themselves, etc. Usually its a guy's personality that ruins their attractiveness, usually you can get an idea of someone's personality even before they open their mouth.

Oh yeah, and a man's physical attractiveness is all about their height;

6'0: doable
6'2: usually hot
6'4: Guaranteed hot
6'5+ : freakish... attractiveness starts dropping off quickly

ghostpawn
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jan 2010, 3:02 pm

What I meant by "before they open their mouth" is, not considering the guy's personality.

Some stats are available about various physical characteristics with a bit of searching.

The word "tall" comes up a lot, for example, so here are some stats on that:

In the United States, the average height is 5'10" and 50% of men are at least this tall. 14.5 percent of men are 6 feet or over. Only 3.9 percent of U.S. men are 6'2" or taller.

BlueMage wrote:
Apparently I'm in the minority but I find lots of men attractive physically. It's hard to say what percentage. As long as they aren't too young or old or fat or have some other deformity, if I hang around any guy long enough I start thinking of them "in that way"... :oops: I find masculinity to be just so comforting and magnetic, not extreme muscle-bound icons of masculinity, but the subtle masculinity of the everyday guy, the deepness of their voice, body hair, the way they carry themselves, etc.

Always glad to hear that. Brings hope for the future.

Whisper
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2010, 5:12 pm

I'm asexual. I'll occasionally find someone aesthetically cute/pleasant because of their presentation, features, etc,, but not sexually/romantically.

Michhsta
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2010, 6:45 pm

Its all about the chemicals......... :wink:

Mics

dhynapza
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jan 2010, 10:03 pm

As soon as I see a guy it's like an automatic "is this an appropriate mate?" response in my head. I don't consider them all attractive, but generally about 50% fall into this range.

But all the guys I liked in my life were not immediate crushes, it was only after they opened their mouths and I had discussions with them did the secondary part of "is this person attractive?" factor in at all.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2010, 2:00 am

I said 90% and I genuinely feel that way. I find a lot of people (men and women) physically attractive that others might not consider attractive. I think humans are a good looking species.

Personalities make the difference though. My percentage would go down significantly if you took personality into account.

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2010, 8:41 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:

I agree with this too. I am a sexualised (though currently celibate) hetrosexual woman but I would say that although I might think about 25% of males are attractive looking, I feel 'attracted to less' than 5%. Sexy energy is more important than looks, though good looks can be sexy of course.

Some men that are quite ugly are still sexy. Prince for one.
Good looking but not sexy to me - David Beckham, Hugh Grant.
Good looking and sexy - Robert Pires, Seal, Donal McIntyer.

Maybe going slightly off topic ...

I am not attracted to women but often find sexy images / videos of women sexier than those of average men because I can insert myself into the situation as though it is me feeling it or being sexy. I guess this is the same with chick fic which I don't read.