Page 4 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Yasmine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Mar 2010, 3:56 am

Sallamandrina wrote:

Is there a way to know "how tall you should have been"? How is it done?

It's a genuine question - I had no idea this could be determined.

I am not sure of the details, but with me the x-rayed my hand and did some calculations or whatnot on some measurements. Specifically the fingers I think. They can also tell when you stop growing from your wrist.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 6:08 am

I weigh 248 lbs, at the moment. It doesn't really bother me, that much. I know that I could lose that extra 48 lbs. It's coming off, slowly. I just don't feel the need to weigh 125 lbs. I'd be happy at 200 lbs. There's nothing wrong with being a big, strong woman.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2010, 11:54 am

book_noodles wrote:
I think I am on the heavy side of average for my height. I'm 16 years old and 5'1" and I weigh 120 pounds. :roll: I am very fond of ice cream.

That's normal weight for your height. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 7:08 am

I like to be realistic, and I have a much healthier body image now, than I did, where I've left off, in the real world, when I was 22. Carrot sandwich, anyone? I used to make those, in effort to try to get down to 125 lbs.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 1:32 pm

Yasmine wrote:
Sallamandrina wrote:

Is there a way to know "how tall you should have been"? How is it done?

It's a genuine question - I had no idea this could be determined.

I am not sure of the details, but with me the x-rayed my hand and did some calculations or whatnot on some measurements. Specifically the fingers I think. They can also tell when you stop growing from your wrist.

Thank you, Yasmine

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 6:41 am

I am skinny but muscular from years in dance. I got up to 135 pounds once but I've usually been around 110 pounds which is about where I am now. Oh, I'm 5'4".

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 7:53 am

I've always been overweight especially when I was a teenager. I'm definately an emotional eater. It does help to have control of my own food though - I eat less when I have more control of what I eat. I do get told these days that I don't look overweight but my brain doesn't seem to process it. I know in theory a lot of people say I'm the right size for my height (actually I know I'm still a bit over but I look lighter than I am) but I still feel like a heffalump.

Kodak
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Mar 2010, 8:08 am

I had an eating disorder when I was a teenager. Through peer pressure. I thought that if I was thinner than I was, I would be able to fit in and have friends. It wasn't as severe as some other cases but when the health administrators found out they weren't happy.

I will never be 'super' thin but I'm at a healthy weight although I do get the self esteem issues wishing to be thinner.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 5:22 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
book_noodles wrote:
I think I am on the heavy side of average for my height. I'm 16 years old and 5'1" and I weigh 120 pounds. :roll: I am very fond of ice cream.

That's normal weight for your height. :)

I guess I'm okay then XD Good news. At least one aspect of myself is normal.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2010, 7:12 pm

I am underweight at 5'6" 110 lbs, but it is genetic. Then again, all the aspie type people in my family are also the thinner ones.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2010, 7:04 am

Weight has never really been an issue for me. When I was kid, I was slightly rounder than others my height, but I "grew out of it". I'm 1.54 meters now and normally weigh 48 - 50 kilos (that's a BMI of 21) (alright alright, I put it in a converter: it's 5'1'' and 108 lbs). It's been like that for 5 years now.

I really do wish I could eat more though, lol, but I'd get fat. My body just doesn't need a lot of food, which is a shame.

Last edited by Daniella on 31 Mar 2010, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daniella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Mar 2010, 7:07 am

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Yasmine wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
I would sell my eyes for some extra height.

I was abnormally tall in early adolescence, and I wanted to be a model, but then I never grew much.

And now I'm slightly obsessed with height, though not so severely as I was aged 14/15, where I talked about it nonstop and tried to talk my mom into letting me get human growth hormone injections. Which a doctor probably wouldn't have done on me anyway, because I was a normal height for my age.

I wish I could have taken those. I am 10 cm smaller than i should have been, than what i 'have' genetically... instead I have the width and weight of 10 cm I don't have :(

Damn. I feel for you. What messed with your growth?

I was supposed to be 5'9, but I'm only 5'7..

Pff, you call that short? I'm 6 cm smaller than estimated, when I was younger they thought I'd reach the 160. But nope. I stopped growing at 14, I developed quite early.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2010, 11:54 pm

I've always been quite lean and fit until some phyc meds f****d up my metebolism and made me fat.

anonymous123000
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2010, 2:04 pm

I'm not really fat, maybe slightly overweight (i'm 5' 2'' and around 130lb) but I feel fat. And it went so far I actually hate my body now and feel disgusted every time I look at myself. I even thought of becoming anorectic, but I probably won't be able to stop eating completely. I love food too much..

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2010, 7:04 pm

I was VERY thin as a child. Then I got Lyme disease and got tired all the time, and started putting on weight. I'm like 90 or 100 pounds overweight now.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2010, 3:20 pm

I was slightly overweight as a child, when puberty hit I lost a little but because of developing fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism,and being put on meds I gained 20 lbs. I've managed to shed the weight (now 5'9" and 145), but I had to adopt a bodybuilder's diet and eat nothing unhealthy to do it since I can't exercise very often. I have to upkeep the diet now just to maintain my weight... I hate it. :(