Is there even a point to living if you're ugly?

Page 11 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 3:50 pm

i'm fugly aand boring, lord help me

cranberry
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jun 2010, 1:20 pm

My mother used to tell me "there is no such thing as an ugly woman, just a lazy one."

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 1:26 pm

cranberry wrote:
My mother used to tell me "there is no such thing as an ugly woman, just a lazy one."

Come to think of it, I've never known an outright ugly woman, but I have known some lazy ones. The ones who have made themselves seem ugly just do it through their personalities and actions, not their looks.

patrick1995
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2012, 9:21 pm

Bluerose i agree with you completely, you see past all of this BS everyone else cant and dont understand and for that i respect you greatly. Most people dont understand that if you are a ugly person (be you male or female) you are basically ignored by everyone. in society your atractiveness contributes a great deal to your social status so if you are ugly not many people will want to be around you. Bluerose there are some people who dontcare about how you dress or how pretty you are. i know how you feel when you say that nobody likes you sexually because thats exactly how i feel but i dont know what its like to be a female but for a male its really hard not to think about sex everyday because thats almost the only thing we think about but it shoudnt be important there is more to life than sex or boyfriends or girlfriends. can you post a picture so we can confirm that you a re ugly? i will honestly tell you if you are or not

patrick

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm

cranberry wrote:

That makes it sound as though women have some sort of social responsibility to beautify themselves.

'There's no such thing as an ugly man, just a lazy one.'
Or, if you're an MRA who believes that women objectify men based on money,
'There's no such thing as a poor man, just a lazy one.'

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm

LKL wrote:
cranberry wrote:

That makes it sound as though women have some sort of social responsibility to beautify themselves.

'There's no such thing as an ugly man, just a lazy one.'
Or, if you're an MRA who believes that women objectify men based on money,
'There's no such thing as a poor man, just a lazy one.'

:lol:
Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

dreamy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2012, 6:00 am

Good health matters more than good looks. Maintain your health.

Social ability and sense of humor are big. Harder for us Aspies :(

It's good that you already dress better and that stuff. Clothing and accessories, hairstyle, eyebrows, makeup can make such a huge difference. You can hide scars, make features look bigger or smaller, etc.

There is an upside to having worse looks - if a guy likes you, you know it's for your personality, intelligence, etc.

I didn't read the whole thread but I know many guys could find the good in someone, like if she has big breasts and they like that, or some guys really love chubby or bbw, some guys love petite, some love redheads, etc.

But to be honest, if I were in that position, I would probably save and get plastic surgery for certain features.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 6:33 am

I think I'm pretty ugly but I've managed to have a guy most of the time. Personality counts for a lot. It's very sad though because I always wanted to be pretty and now that I'm almost 50 I know that I never will be.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2012, 4:57 am

This is probably the most offensive, immature line of thinking. Life's most important contributions aren't how good, or how bad, you look.

Sure, people who are naturally attractive might have some things easier, but... who cares? Everyone has some things easier, and some things more difficult, than other people. That's life, and life is beautiful.

In all seriousness, if you have severe issues with your looks, you could either a) change them b) accept them c) seek therapy to accept them.

You want a good education? Work for it.

You want a successful career? Work for it.

You want to be respected by colleagues? Work for it.
Get an education, work wisely, and use your brains. Looking pretty can't get you everywhere, anyway. You're not going to be respected becaues of your looks... you'll be respected because of your career accomplishments.

If you see life as "oh, poor me, everyone else gets handed everything on a plate, you'll ... 1) never accomplish anything, other than feeling sorry for yourself and 2) not be attractive, because attractive people have confidence.

I'm really not trying to be harsh, but... trying to encourage you wake up and smell the roses. Looks don't matter, your outlook on life does. So does your education and career accomplishments and life accomplishments. None of those things happen with self-pity.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 9:00 am

ooo wrote:
This is probably the most offensive, immature line of thinking. Life's most important contributions aren't how good, or how bad, you look.

Sure, people who are naturally attractive might have some things easier, but... who cares? Everyone has some things easier, and some things more difficult, than other people. That's life, and life is beautiful.

In all seriousness, if you have severe issues with your looks, you could either a) change them b) accept them c) seek therapy to accept them.

You want a good education? Work for it.

You want a successful career? Work for it.

You want to be respected by colleagues? Work for it.
Get an education, work wisely, and use your brains. Looking pretty can't get you everywhere, anyway. You're not going to be respected becaues of your looks... you'll be respected because of your career accomplishments.

If you see life as "oh, poor me, everyone else gets handed everything on a plate, you'll ... 1) never accomplish anything, other than feeling sorry for yourself and 2) not be attractive, because attractive people have confidence.

I'm really not trying to be harsh, but... trying to encourage you wake up and smell the roses. Looks don't matter, your outlook on life does. So does your education and career accomplishments and life accomplishments. None of those things happen with self-pity.

"Encourage" my ass. All I'm seeing is someone being a ****. Get over yourself and stop trying to use this "advice".

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 May 2012, 11:00 am

This post is 2 years old! 8O

l00p1n
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 May 2012, 12:13 pm

to thread starter : so you think you're ugly, so what?
i've seen deformed/disabled people wanting to live,work,do anything they can
is this like one of the facebook thing where women post photo of themselves and says "oh no i'm so ugly "?? :(

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

18 May 2012, 12:38 pm

This person hasn't posted here since November of last year. :?

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2012, 2:55 pm

l00p1n wrote:
to thread starter : so you think you're ugly, so what?
i've seen deformed/disabled people wanting to live,work,do anything they can
is this like one of the facebook thing where women post photo of themselves and says "oh no i'm so ugly "?? :(

Heh. True... it's hard to take an "I'm ugly, life is awful" post when you see people in dire circumstances all the time.

alk123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Mar 2022, 2:00 am

Its a question that spawned & propagated black pill philosophy.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2022, 5:02 am

Ugly is such a strong word.
I know a woman (in her 60s) who I think is unattractive and looks older than what she is, yet she always seems to have men flirting with her and asking her out. Conversely, when my grandmother was young she was really attractive but hardly any men looked at her because she was so painfully shy and suffered low self-esteem. So sometimes it can be down to confidence and social charisma that can trick people's mind into seeing one as attractive even if they're not.

I don't really like using the word ugly to describe anyone, unless I hate them. The only people I think are ugly are those girls that decide to have botox surgery to make their lips unnaturally large, just because they think it's beauty even though they were beautiful before. Why pay to look like a freak?