Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kablam
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jun 2010, 9:42 pm

it is not like I have a problem making friends or keeping friends. I have a nice amount of friends. The problem is that recently I have moved with mom, but we don't get along at all. She has 2 other children and we don't have the same father so we don't really get along sometimes. I'm a freshman in college and I stay in my room a lot. My dad was wealthy and I have lived with him most of my life, but now I was forced to live with my mom when my dad was asked to leave the country. My mom lives in a really bad part of town and sometimes I am afraid to leave out. I just have a fear of being raped, no matter where I am. I don't know why. I don't trust men. So basically I stay in my room all day and I don't really talk to anyone in the house and I only go out for food. If i do go out of my room its with one of my old friends who have their own cars and have to drive thru the city and get me. I feel like they are better than me because they still have this lifestyle. My family says I'm anti-social because I stay in my room. The only time I leave is when my friends come to get me, but often times they don't because I live so far away. I don't have any friends where my mom lives and I'm afraid of all the people around. So the old lifestyle I had is gone. If i had the choice to go hang with my family or not. I would stay in my room.

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jun 2010, 1:57 pm

Maybe you can live by yourself. Your dad since he is wealthy can put you up in your own apartment, or you can get a job and pay or help pay for it.

There's no reason be afraid of being raped. Rapists generally don't go around pouncing on random women in the streets. It's too bad society teaches you to hate men, but you'd be better off getting over that.

Maybe you can get a boyfriend/girlfriend with his own place to live with, that's how I got through college without having to move back in with my annoying mom-ster most of that time. Or if you have rich friends maybe one of them won't mind you living with them.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2010, 5:52 pm

Are there any options to move overseas with your dad? This must be absolutely horrible for you. Have you spoken to your dad about how you feel? It would be a good idea.

Its a huge shift moving comfort zones and trying to fit in with a completely different type of people.

I would look into living on your own - what does your dad say about any of this?